Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

2011 Minor League Rotations

Re: 2011 Minor League Rotations

PostPost #16 by Esskay » September 10th, 2010, 1:04 am

Luis Noel may need time to recover from his surgery, no? Wirsch and Coffey at least were pitching to finish out this season...
Esskay
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #17 by Jordan Tuwiner » September 10th, 2010, 1:32 am

Esskay wrote:Luis Noel may need time to recover from his surgery, no? Wirsch and Coffey at least were pitching to finish out this season...

Did he have surgery? I don't remember seeing anything about it.

allstar1579 wrote:You might see them be more aggressive and move up a guy or two more than we'd think they should and then convert some guys in Bowie/Norfolk to a RP as part of the chain effect. Can't begin to guess who or how it would happen, but with John S. being so aggressive with young guys, it wouldn't shock me to see him send some of the younger kids up the ladder and make room for the better ones up the chain.

Next year Viola and Tanaka (finally!) should move to the bullpen and to Norfolk.

allstar1579 wrote:After reading your report, I'm willing to bet that "working on something" that the team has him doing is dropping the 4-seamer and throwing the 2-seamer more. Makes sense right? The 2S is going to be his bread and butter anyway, he's got better movement in the same direction and better control with it. Makes the velo issue make a little more sense since the 2S is a couple MPH less.

Makes sense. I don't think he'll be a so called "strikeout" pitcher going forward but he should put up a decent strikeout rate with good GB numbers.

allstar1579 wrote:I'll have to check with some people, but next time you talk to your guys bring it up and see if they've noticed the 4S being thrown a lot less often.

Will do.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #18 by OFPM » September 10th, 2010, 4:58 pm

What about T. Berry?
OFPM
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #19 by Jordan Tuwiner » September 10th, 2010, 4:59 pm

I added him on there a few hours ago. Should be good to go as a starter for this season. Looking forward to seeing him in the rotation, I was impressed when I saw him in the GCL.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #20 by BuckMagic » September 10th, 2010, 6:18 pm

Berry's curveball looked real nice in the video you posted. If he adds 15 pounds, oh boy, kid has a lot of potential.
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Previous

Return to Minor Leagues