Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo in three-team trade

Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo in three-team trade

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » December 13th, 2012, 12:56 am

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/clev ... ove-121112

• The Reds obtained outfielder Shin-Soo Choo and infielder Jason Donald from the Indians.

• The Diamondbacks acquired shortstop Didi Gregorius from the Reds and left-hander Tony Sipp and first baseman Lars Anderson from the Indians.

• The Indians acquired center fielder Drew Stubbs from the Reds and three pitchers — right-hander Trevor Bauer and relievers Bryan Shaw and Matt Albers — from the Diamondbacks.

I still don't understand why the Diamondbacks wanted to deal Bauer so bad.

I think the Reds really got the best of this trade. From what I have read Gregorius us solid but not special.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo in three-team trade

PostPost #2 by ofahn » December 13th, 2012, 7:14 am

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:I think the Reds really got the best of this trade.

Choo is a solid player and will improve their team, but they only have him for this year. Unless they know something we don't, trading Bauer was a big gamble and a heavy price.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » December 13th, 2012, 2:24 pm

ofahn wrote:
Choo is a solid player and will improve their team, but they only have him for this year. Unless they know something we don't, trading Bauer was a big gamble and a heavy price.

I still believe the Reds got the best of it. They were already very good last year and Choo is a solid upgrade.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #4 by osforlife » December 13th, 2012, 3:22 pm

Just like you Jordan, I'd like to know why the Diamondacks wanted to get rid of Bauer so bad. They traded one of the best prospects in the game for a bunch of crap(spare parts really). Meanwhile, the Reds trade a terrible player in Stubbs and get a 5-tool player in Choo.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 58

PostPost #5 by Matt P » December 14th, 2012, 2:12 am

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:I still believe the Reds got the best of it. They were already very good last year and Choo is a solid upgrade.

I don't think overall he is much of an upgrade. He will be offensively but he will be a tremendous downgrade if the rumors that he will be the everyday CF are true.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #6 by Matt P » December 14th, 2012, 2:13 am

osforlife wrote:Just like you Jordan, I'd like to know why the Diamondacks wanted to get rid of Bauer so bad. They traded one of the best prospects in the game for a bunch of crap(spare parts really). Meanwhile, the Reds trade a terrible player in Stubbs and get a 5-tool player in Choo.

Reports I've read/heard are they didn't like him in the clubhouse and they didn't like that he refused to change his training regime.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Return to Around the Majors