Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

How will Nolan Reimold perform?

How will Nolan Reimold perform?

PostPost #1 by birdwatcher55 » December 11th, 2012, 7:25 pm

Assuming he's healthy and can give us 400 ABs, do you seem him at least duplicating Reynolds' 23 bombs last year??? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: Reimold

PostPost #2 by LA Detective » December 11th, 2012, 7:43 pm

I have a bad gut feeling that I hope I am wrong on. I really wonder about his health...If fully healthy yes. I think we will see how this plays out in ST but if he proves healthy and no rust he could bat 2-5 in the line-up. How awesome would it be if he picks up where he left off this past spring. If the plan is CD at first then I think that the DH team of a healthy Reimold or Betermit and guests will more than make up for Reynolds offensive production.
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

Re: How will Nolan Reimold perform?

PostPost #3 by osforlife » December 12th, 2012, 3:22 pm

It will be better for the team to just count on Reimold in a minimized role at first. When he proves he is healthy and productive, then we can expand his role. He is probably one of the best hitters in our organization. I'd be more inclined to pretty much hand him the starting left field job like last year if we weren't expected to compete and he was younger. He is 29. We aren't exactly grooming a youngling here.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 58

PostPost #4 by Matt P » December 12th, 2012, 10:50 pm

Sure, the problem though is that he has never had 400 at bats in one major league season.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #5 by Old Sneakers » December 13th, 2012, 6:02 pm

Matt P wrote:Sure, the problem though is that he has never had 400 at bats in one major league season.

What he said!
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

Return to Baltimore Orioles