Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Back to 2013 Left Field

Re: Back to 2013 Left Field

PostPost #16 by Seafordeagles » November 28th, 2012, 5:51 pm

osforlife wrote:I don't see why we wouldn't be able to sign Saunders and McLouth both...easily. I wasn't suggesting McLouth platoon with Reimold, I suggested McLouth platoon with Pearce, who hits lefties well. McLouth has a .257/.346/.447/.793 career batting line vs RHP : Pearce has a .266/.343/.464/.807 career batting line vs LHP.


I don't understand the love affair some have with Pearce. He only got released like 4 times last year, he's not going to be tendered a contract because the Orioles will need spots on the 40 man roster. Pearce is history, he was re-signed late last year to possibly be a pinch hitter with a few games left in the season.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 683
Joined: October 2012
Reputation Score: 18

Re: Back to 2013 Left Field

PostPost #17 by osforlife » November 28th, 2012, 5:59 pm

Seafordeagles wrote:
I don't understand the love affair some have with Pearce. He only got released like 4 times last year, he's not going to be tendered a contract because the Orioles will need spots on the 40 man roster. Pearce is history, he was re-signed late last year to possibly be a pinch hitter with a few games left in the season.

I think I explained above why I think he could be a valuable player for us.
User avatar
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1615
Joined: October 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Reputation Score: 59

Re: Back to 2013 Left Field

PostPost #18 by Seafordeagles » November 28th, 2012, 6:04 pm

osforlife wrote:I think I explained above why I think he could be a valuable player for us.
osforlife wrote:I think I explained above why I think he could be a valuable player for us.


Let me just say there are going to be a lot better opportunities than Steve Pearce. You're not going to have to concern yourself about him in a couple days anyway.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 683
Joined: October 2012
Reputation Score: 18

Re: Back to 2013 Left Field

PostPost #19 by ofahn » November 28th, 2012, 6:07 pm

Seafordeagles wrote:Let me just say there are going to be a lot better opportunities than Steve Pearce. You're not going to have to concern yourself about him in a couple days anyway.


If you're suggesting he'll be non tendered, I agree. If you're saying we've seen the last of him, I'm NOT so sure.......
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4399
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Back to 2013 Left Field

PostPost #20 by osforlife » November 28th, 2012, 6:14 pm

Seafordeagles wrote:
Let me just say there are going to be a lot better opportunities than Steve Pearce. You're not going to have to concern yourself about him in a couple days anyway.

Oh yeah there are better opportunites than Steve Pearce and Nate Mclouth, some better than others,...for ALOT ALOT ALOT more money.
User avatar
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1615
Joined: October 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Reputation Score: 59

Re: Back to 2013 Left Field

PostPost #21 by ofahn » November 28th, 2012, 6:16 pm

osforlife wrote:ALOT


This is an idle question, but how MANY zeros are in ALOT?
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4399
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Back to 2013 Left Field

PostPost #22 by Seafordeagles » November 28th, 2012, 6:23 pm

osforlife wrote:Oh yeah there are better opportunites than Steve Pearce and Nate Mclouth, some better than others,...for ALOT ALOT ALOT more money.


Let's look at this a minute. Steve Pearce or Nolan Reimold. I've already made my decision.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 683
Joined: October 2012
Reputation Score: 18

Re: Back to 2013 Left Field

PostPost #23 by osforlife » November 28th, 2012, 6:26 pm

Seafordeagles wrote:
Let's look at this a minute. Steve Pearce or Nolan Reimold. I've already made my decision.

I fit both onto my roster. Wieters, Davis, Roberts, Hardy, Machado, McLouth, Pearce, Jones, Markakis, Teagarden, Reimold, Betemit, Casilla.
User avatar
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1615
Joined: October 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Reputation Score: 59

Re: Back to 2013 Left Field

PostPost #24 by ofahn » November 28th, 2012, 6:44 pm

Seafordeagles wrote:
Let's look at this a minute. Steve Pearce or Nolan Reimold. I've already made my decision.


Why do we have to choose between the two? I don't think we should be playing Reimold in the field. First, he's not a plus defender. Second, he's an injury risk. Let him DH. He has a GREAT bat.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4399
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Back to 2013 Left Field

PostPost #25 by Seafordeagles » November 28th, 2012, 6:54 pm

ofahn wrote:
Why do we have to choose between the two? I don't think we should be playing Reimold in the field. First, he's not a plus defender. Second, he's an injury risk. Let him DH. He has a GREAT bat.


And Steve Pearce is a plus defender..................................It's a waste of the 40 man roster. He will be non-tendered.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 683
Joined: October 2012
Reputation Score: 18

Re: Back to 2013 Left Field

PostPost #26 by ofahn » November 28th, 2012, 7:02 pm

Seafordeagles wrote:He will be non-tendered


I believe I said that.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4399
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Back to 2013 Left Field

PostPost #27 by Jordan Tuwiner » November 29th, 2012, 10:19 pm

Seafordeagles wrote:
And Steve Pearce is a plus defender..................................It's a waste of the 40 man roster. He will be non-tendered.

I like Pearce but agree that with Reimold coming back, plus McLouth re-signing (likely), there really won't be room.
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: Back to 2013 Left Field

PostPost #28 by osforlife » December 1st, 2012, 9:40 am

Since Pearce has avoided arbitration, does this means he has a good chance of sticking with the club, or is he still a DFA'd candidate throughout the off-season?
User avatar
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1615
Joined: October 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Reputation Score: 59

Re: Back to 2013 Left Field

PostPost #29 by ofahn » December 1st, 2012, 12:00 pm

osforlife wrote:Since Pearce has avoided arbitration, does this means he has a good chance of sticking with the club, or is he still a DFA'd candidate throughout the off-season?


This is a guess, but I believe he can be DFA'd; however, he would be in the same position as Eveland, he would have to accept his assignment to AAA or lose the rest of his salary this year.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4399
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Back to 2013 Left Field

PostPost #30 by Matt P » December 2nd, 2012, 5:23 pm

It'll be interesting to see where Dan goes with this.

Will he re-sign McLouth after 2 months of mediocre play? Will he go after Swisher as a FA who can get on base and play mediocre defense? Will he try and deal for someone? Will he stick with someone in house like Reimold, Davis, or Hoes? Hopefully we find out this week.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: October 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Reputation Score: 37


PreviousNext

Return to Baltimore Orioles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron