Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

#20 Prospect - Trent Mummey

#20 Prospect - Trent Mummey

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » March 27th, 2011, 6:34 pm

http://orioles-nation.com/?p=9397

The Orioles continued their streak of drafting polished college outfielders early when they selected Trent Mummey in the 4th round of the 2010 draft. The Auburn product signed quickly and managed to register 289 plate appearances after signing. He started hot, putting up a .342 OBP with 3 home runs in 49 games with Aberdeen and because of his play was promoted to Delmarva. He tailed off a bit in the South Atlantic League, but it was a small sample size (58 PA).

Full top 50 list
20. Trent Mummey
21. Brandon Erbe
22. Connor Narron
23. Brandon Cooney
24. Oliver Drake
25. Matt Angle
26. Cameron Coffey
27. Randy Henry
28. Aaron Wirsch
29. Matt Bywater
30. Luis Lebron
31. Luis Noel
32. Tim Berry
33. Jaime Esquivel
34. Michael Ohlman
35. Rick Zagone
36. Ashur Tolliver
37. Wynston Sawyer
38. Brenden Webb
39. Troy Patton
40. Eddie Gamboa
41. Chorye Spoone
42. Brandon Waring
43. Greg Miclat
44. Jake Cowan
45. Ronnie Welty
46. Kyle Hudson
47. Sebastian Vader
48. Jarret Martin
49. Dudley Leonora
50. Justin Dalles
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: #20 Prospect - Trent Mummey

PostPost #2 by DougDE » March 27th, 2011, 7:17 pm

I was initially disappointed with this pick because with the lack of a 2nd rounder last year I wanted high upside guys and a lot of them but once they took Narron in the 5th (the raw but high upside I was thinking of), and once I read a little more about Mummey's pop, I now like the pick
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Re: #20 Prospect - Trent Mummey

PostPost #3 by BuckMagic » March 27th, 2011, 8:22 pm

DougDE wrote:I was initially disappointed with this pick because with the lack of a 2nd rounder last year I wanted high upside guys and a lot of them but once they took Narron in the 5th (the raw but high upside I was thinking of), and once I read a little more about Mummey's pop, I now like the pick

Same here. I think he grew one everybody a bit when he put up some good numbers right out of the gate.
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Return to Minor Leagues