Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles "Open Door to Hamilton"

Re: Orioles "Open Door to Hamilton"

PostPost #16 by Matt P » November 4th, 2012, 12:56 am

Old Sneakers wrote:Because it is a HUGE condition under which every baseball franchise operates under.

Josh Hamilton is a fine slugger but he's likely peaked and his play in the field is lack-luster. Honestly I would rather see the team pick up a quality starting pitcher, add pieces that help manufacture runs and fill other needs for the same money that Hamilton would cost. The budget is a consideration for next season just as much as it is for subsequent seasons.

I haven't mentioned Hamilton once but I do agree that the team is better off going in a different direction.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #17 by ofahn » November 4th, 2012, 5:41 pm

Matt P wrote:I haven't mentioned Hamilton once but I do agree that the team is better off going in a different direction.

I agree, but I'm curious about your reasoning. Is it because you think he will want too big a contract, that you don't think he will contribute enough to justify his annual salary, or something else?
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #18 by ofahn » November 4th, 2012, 5:49 pm

MLB Trade Rumors is reporting that Josh Hamilton is asking for 175M over seven years. There may be a team STUPID enough to give him that but I thankfully believe it won't be us.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/j ... 175mm.html
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #19 by birdwatcher55 » November 4th, 2012, 8:36 pm

Well that eliminates us I would say 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #20 by Matt P » November 5th, 2012, 4:31 pm

ofahn wrote:
I agree, but I'm curious about your reasoning. Is it because you think he will want too big a contract, that you don't think he will contribute enough to justify his annual salary, or something else?

I just don't trust him to stay healthy enough to live up to the annual salary over the next 5+ years. Also, don't really like him as a person.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #21 by Jordan Tuwiner » November 5th, 2012, 4:32 pm

Matt P wrote:I just don't trust him to stay healthy enough to live up to the annual salary over the next 5+ years.

My thoughts exactly.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles