Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles Acquire Joe Saunders In Exchange For Lindstrom

Re: Orioles Acquire Joe Saunders In Exchange For Lindstrom

PostPost #61 by ofahn » October 31st, 2012, 6:50 pm

osforlife wrote:Lindstrom is a solid bullpen arm that I would rather have for another year over six starts from a mediocre Joe Saunders.

I'm not picking on you, but the Diamondbacks have declined his option. They didn't think he was worth 4M either.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #62 by osforlife » October 31st, 2012, 7:56 pm

ofahn wrote:
I'm not picking on you, but the Diamondbacks have declined his option. They didn't think he was worth 4M either.

haha, thanks for bringing this back up. I think I'am going to put a restraining fee on comments regarding trades. From now on, I have to wait 24 hours to post about a trade. Are there any players that you just really like for whatever reason?
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #63 by ofahn » October 31st, 2012, 9:21 pm

osforlife wrote:Are there any players that you just really like for whatever reason?

Yes, BUT I really try to separate my feelings as a fan from an objective view as to what I see as the best long term interests of the team. Sometimes, it ain't easy.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #64 by Matt P » October 31st, 2012, 9:30 pm

This really turned out to be a great trade by Duquette.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #65 by ofahn » November 1st, 2012, 11:05 am

Matt P wrote:This really turned out to be a great trade by Duquette.

What embarrasses me is that I have questioned his trades so far. I could see some logic in them, but I admit to serious doubts. That's why he's GM and I'm not.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #66 by birdwatcher55 » November 1st, 2012, 12:13 pm

It's always good to question anything in life. Never assume the guy across from you has all the answers. DD made his share of bad moves in Boston along with the good ones. Nobody is perfect 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #67 by osforlife » November 1st, 2012, 6:31 pm

I don't think there has been a DD trade that I have liked right off the bat. I'll be completely honest here, for whatever reason Matt Lindstrom was my favorite Oriole pitcher when he was here. Now it is Tommy Hunter. Not sure why. Fav position player is Ryan Flaherty. I couldn't tell you why. I usually do a pretty good job of seperated my fanship from my long term interest of the team ship. Although I will say I do like Ryan Adams alot for some reason. Same thing with Jeff Baker.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #68 by ofahn » November 1st, 2012, 6:36 pm

osforlife wrote:I'll be completely honest here, for whatever reason Matt Lindstrom was my favorite Oriole pitcher when he was here. Now it is Tommy Hunter. Not sure why. Fav position player is Ryan Flaherty. I couldn't tell you why.

Is it because they were giving you the telephone numbers of their rejects?
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles