Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Baseball America Rates The Top 10 Orioles' Prospects

Re: Baseball America Rates The Top 10 Orioles' Prospects

PostPost #31 by Ampontan » November 1st, 2012, 7:00 am

Old Sneakers wrote:11-Eduardo Rodriguez
Another lefty and some hope exists that he can move up through the minor leagues and remain a SP prospect. All I can say is that while he was stingy with HRs last season he isn't a velocity guy. Also, 22 starts in Delmarva is not enough to know what you have.

Recent reports suggest that he is now. His motion and mechanics were changed last year, apparently to have him finish facing the plate more, and his velocity improved.

Rick Peterson? Biomechanics?

A scout from another organization who saw him in the GCL said that barring injury, he will pitch in the major leagues.
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #32 by Old Sneakers » November 1st, 2012, 7:22 am

Great to hear! Still too early to really get too excited about him though. I don't know if I am the only one but I tend to try not to get too excited until I've seen a full season in Frederick before judging prospects.

But I am curious, how much velocity are we talking?
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 33

PostPost #33 by Jordan Tuwiner » November 1st, 2012, 10:14 am

That was a great post and I agree with most of your assessment. I think Berry and Rodriguez are honestly underrated by many so I am happy to see them grabbing attention.

I also think they are going to give Kline a shot at starting.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #34 by ofahn » November 1st, 2012, 10:39 am

Old Sneakers wrote:I don't know if I am the only one but I tend to try not to get too excited until I've seen a full season in Frederick before judging prospects.

No question that AA is the biggest jump, but I've always considered A+ (Frederick) to be the minor league equivalent of "Hell Week". This is the level where a prospect's skill, character, and "want to" are first severely tested. If they're dominant there the chances they will make the majors goes WAY up.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #35 by ofahn » November 1st, 2012, 10:44 am

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:I think Berry and Rodriguez are honestly underrated by many

This will be the year for both of them to show they deserve more attention. They've gotten their feet wet in professional baseball and now have competent guidance. It's time to produce to the level of their talent. The same goes for Parker Bridwell.

If these guys produce we will have very solid rotations at our top three farm levels. That bodes well for the next five years or so.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles