Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles will pick up Ayala's option

Re: Orioles will pick up Ayala's option

PostPost #31 by birdwatcher55 » October 30th, 2012, 2:59 pm

I think if you can get young and cheaper here and there, the savings adds up, you get more payroll flexibility and you keep your roster from growing old. Just my two cents 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: November 2011
Reputation Score: 11

Re: Orioles will pick up Ayala's option

PostPost #32 by thezeroes » October 31st, 2012, 4:05 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:I think if you can get young and cheaper here and there, the savings adds up, you get more payroll flexibility and you keep your roster from growing old. Just my two cents 8-)


The problem is not with your premise of getting younger/cheaper but with your inability to name even one of the pitchers from AA that you think should be the filler/learner type. With rehab and sign and cut the Orioles had 145 pitchers run through the minor league affiliates and all you were asked to do is name just one.
thezeroes
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 255
Joined: April 2011
Reputation Score: 38

Re: Orioles will pick up Ayala's option

PostPost #33 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 31st, 2012, 5:33 pm

thezeroes wrote:
The problem is not with your premise of getting younger/cheaper but with your inability to name even one of the pitchers from AA that you think should be the filler/learner type. With rehab and sign and cut the Orioles had 145 pitchers run through the minor league affiliates and all you were asked to do is name just one.

Well said.
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2590
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: Orioles will pick up Ayala's option

PostPost #34 by birdwatcher55 » October 31st, 2012, 6:30 pm

thezeroes wrote:
The problem is not with your premise of getting younger/cheaper but with your inability to name even one of the pitchers from AA that you think should be the filler/learner type. With rehab and sign and cut the Orioles had 145 pitchers run through the minor league affiliates and all you were asked to do is name just one.

Come on guys .. put down the pitch forks and axes... a few names for you: Newby, Pomeranz, Wilson, Wright or maybe Erbe if totally recovered 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: November 2011
Reputation Score: 11

Re: Orioles will pick up Ayala's option

PostPost #35 by ofahn » October 31st, 2012, 6:32 pm

thezeroes wrote:
The problem is not with your premise of getting younger/cheaper but with your inability to name even one of the pitchers from AA that you think should be the filler/learner type. With rehab and sign and cut the Orioles had 145 pitchers run through the minor league affiliates and all you were asked to do is name just one.


POINTS!!
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4409
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Orioles will pick up Ayala's option

PostPost #36 by birdwatcher55 » October 31st, 2012, 6:36 pm

ofahn wrote:
POINTS!!

Three pointer????? :lol:
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: November 2011
Reputation Score: 11

Re: Orioles will pick up Ayala's option

PostPost #37 by ofahn » October 31st, 2012, 6:37 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Three pointer????? :lol:


Baby steps first.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4409
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Orioles will pick up Ayala's option

PostPost #38 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 31st, 2012, 6:44 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Come on guys .. put down the pitch forks and axes... a few names for you: Newby, Pomeranz, Wilson, Wright or maybe Erbe if totally recovered 8-)

Newby would not be successful in the majors next season. Pomeranz possibly; I don't think anyone would argue that.

No way Wilson is ready. I saw him at Frederick and his command is no-where near major league ready and his command is outstanding.

Wright could be ready but he should continue to work as a starter because he has the stuff and body to do so. Erbe is still far away from the majors.
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2590
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: Orioles will pick up Ayala's option

PostPost #39 by ofahn » October 31st, 2012, 6:53 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:Newby would not be successful in the majors next season. Pomeranz possibly; I don't think anyone would argue that.

No way Wilson is ready. I saw him at Frederick and his command is no-where near major league ready and his command is outstanding.

Wright could be ready but he should continue to work as a starter because he has the stuff and body to do so. Erbe is still far away from the majors.


WHAT HE SAID!
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4409
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Orioles will pick up Ayala's option

PostPost #40 by osforlife » October 31st, 2012, 8:05 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Come on guys .. put down the pitch forks and axes... a few names for you: Newby, Pomeranz, Wilson, Wright or maybe Erbe if totally recovered 8-)

Wright has potential as a starter. Newby and Pomeranz will both be 28. Not getting much younger or much cheaper. Wilson hasn't touched AA yet. What makes you think he can survive in the bigs? Erbe is...omg.I'll take the reliever with the sub-3.00 ERA in the majors.
User avatar
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1629
Joined: October 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Reputation Score: 59

Re: Orioles will pick up Ayala's option

PostPost #41 by ofahn » October 31st, 2012, 9:17 pm

osforlife wrote:Erbe is


...a candidate to have his shoulder fall off on the mound.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4409
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85


Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron