Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Josh Hamilton to O's

Re: Josh Hamilton to O's

PostPost #31 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 17th, 2012, 5:05 pm

I'm guessing we are going to see lots of rumors about this over the off-season.

I would pay Hamilton a very large amount of money on a one year deal but that would never happen. A multi-year deal is just too risky.

I don't expect the Orioles to sign him. It'll be interesting to see what he ends up getting. Some team is going to overpay.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #32 by Matt P » October 17th, 2012, 9:37 pm

Duquette said on The Fan today that they will not be signing any big money free agents.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #33 by OriolesRedskins28 » October 17th, 2012, 10:38 pm

No Hamilton at all. They won't get him cheap and even if they did he's an extremely injury prone player with a HORRIBLE approach at the plate (not to mention all of the off the field baggage).
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #34 by Old Sneakers » October 17th, 2012, 10:41 pm

DashingDave314 pretty much nailed it.

Only thing I would add is that we can hardly expect Chen to duplicate his success from this past year. Sadly more pitching depth/talent is needed.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

PostPost #35 by ofahn » October 18th, 2012, 6:52 am

Old Sneakers wrote:Only thing I would add is that we can hardly expect Chen to duplicate his success from this past year.

Why do you feel that way? What I saw down the stretch was the same pitcher from the first half that seemed to be able to make adjustments faster than the hitters EXCEPT Chen was getting tired. If he spends the off season building his legs and core that should not happen next year.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #36 by STrone03 » October 18th, 2012, 10:02 am

I do not want Josh Hamilton anywhere near the Orioles. The negatives easily outweigh the positives.

We do not need another streaky power hitter that strikes out way too much and the possibility of their being other off field problems is just not worth it.
STrone03
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

PostPost #37 by birdwatcher55 » October 18th, 2012, 2:59 pm

Matt P wrote:It's not going to happen.

For sure and further DD said no pricey free agents this winter in an interview today.. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #38 by osforlife » October 18th, 2012, 4:14 pm

I'd just like to say I was a couple feet away from him before the night that he hit 4 bombs.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #39 by birdwatcher55 » October 31st, 2012, 2:51 pm

Melewski, talking to some rival GMs, thinks the Orioles could get involved from what I read earlier this week 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #40 by ofahn » October 31st, 2012, 4:35 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Melewski, talking to some rival GMs, thinks the Orioles could get involved from what I read earlier this week 8-)

The Orioles will DEFINITELY kick the tires and I think they would be willing to pay a big annual salary, but if the contract demand gets longer than three or four years I can see them saying "good luck".
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #41 by Seafordeagles » October 31st, 2012, 4:39 pm

ofahn wrote:
The Orioles will DEFINITELY kick the tires and I think they would be willing to pay a big annual salary, but if the contract demand gets longer than three or four years I can see them saying "good luck".

Hamilton will probably get a 5 year contract.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

PostPost #42 by steve » October 31st, 2012, 4:40 pm

Just resign the hitters. We dont need Josh Hamilton! We already have bats! What the O's need is pitchers..No not the Bullpen but starters. We need free agent starters then whos gonna stop us in 2013?
steve
DSL Orioles

PostPost #43 by ofahn » October 31st, 2012, 4:45 pm

steve wrote:What the O's need is pitchers..No not the Bullpen but starters.

You might want to check the 40 Man Roster and depth chart. The ONE thing we have a surplus of in our system is SPs.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/team/r ... p?c_id=bal
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #44 by steve » October 31st, 2012, 4:49 pm

Chen isnt consistant at times.Nether is Arrieta. O's need consistency in piching. Consistency is what makes you into a champion.
steve
DSL Orioles

PostPost #45 by ofahn » October 31st, 2012, 4:55 pm

steve wrote:Chen isnt consistant at times.Nether is Arrieta. O's need consistency in piching. Consistency is what makes you into a champion.

Until he tired in September Chen had an ERA of less than FOUR. IN THE AMERICAN LEAGUE EAST. When he got some extra rest he threw a great game in the playoffs. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

Arrieta is NOT a candidate for our rotation out of ST. At this point we would be looking at Chen, Hammel, Gonzales, and Tillman. You might want to check their records for the 2012 season. They performed pretty well.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/team/r ... p?c_id=bal
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PreviousNext

Return to Baltimore Orioles