Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Should Tim Lincecum ever play for our birds?

Re: Should Tim Lincecum ever play for our birds?

PostPost #31 by ofahn » October 30th, 2012, 5:27 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:White Sox just re-signed Peavy.

IMO that was a very fair contract.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #32 by LA Detective » October 30th, 2012, 6:29 pm

I have interest in Tim Lincecum who by the way was picked 1 spot after the famous O's prospect Billy Rowell. If you look at each team and think who is an ACE, there arent many and none are available from those teams. Grienke might be the only one by FA if you truley say he is an ACE. TL could be available and he certainly pitched like an ACE before this year. I dont know if we think we could fix his flaw or not. I dont know if we can work somehting out. I certainly wouldnt damage our future. But I would look into the possiblities. If we did believe he would pitch like an ACE, I would go for paying more of his contract and giving up a lesser player than giving away a couple good pitchers and paying less money..
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #33 by ofahn » October 30th, 2012, 6:43 pm

LA Detective wrote:I have interest in Tim Lincecum who by the way was picked 1 spot after the famous O's prospect Billy Rowell. If you look at each team and think who is an ACE, there arent many and none are available from those teams. Grienke might be the only one by FA if you truley say he is an ACE. TL could be available and he certainly pitched like an ACE before this year. I dont know if we think we could fix his flaw or not. I dont know if we can work somehting out. I certainly wouldnt damage our future. But I would look into the possiblities. If we did believe he would pitch like an ACE, I would go for paying more of his contract and giving up a lesser player than giving away a couple good pitchers and paying less money..

If the Giants are willing to eat all but 10M of his salary and would accept, say, our Comp balance draft pick I'd make that trade. One year and we're off the risk. If we made qualifying offer we would get our draft pick back.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #34 by Matt P » October 31st, 2012, 10:17 am

Why would the Giants pay him 10+ million to pitch for another team when they can afford to pay him to be on their team?
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #35 by ofahn » October 31st, 2012, 11:31 am

Matt P wrote:Why would the Giants pay him 10+ million to pitch for another team when they can afford to pay him to be on their team?

I think it would depend on the return. I also think that the Giants might want to clear some payroll to make an offer to Hamilton. It would almost certainly be a short term offer with a high annual value, but it would give them the kind of bat they haven't had since Bonds. If Hamilton would give them over the next three years just 85% of what he had given the Rangers that would be a SCARY team.

I didn't say that the Giants WOULD trade him. I said that I thought they would CONSIDER it.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #36 by steve » October 31st, 2012, 11:53 am

If Tim Lincecum comes to Baltimore im upgrading my season ticket package from 13 to 29 game plan.
steve
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

PostPost #37 by jonas winslo » October 31st, 2012, 3:55 pm

Linc has some great seasons left in his arm.
jonas winslo
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #38 by steve » October 31st, 2012, 4:45 pm

Tim Lincecum didnt look too happy in San Fran today in the cermonies.He didnt even wave or smile to the fans. Oh boy,,Please get this guy in Baltimore! He would love to eat maryland crabs!
steve
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles