Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Is Donnie Murphy A Potential Solution At 2B?

Re: Is Donnie Murphy A Potential Solution At 2B?

PostPost #31 by osforlife » October 24th, 2012, 7:11 pm

Matt P wrote:Just out of curiosity have you ever seen Adams play or are you just basing your opinions on how he would play based on his minor league statistics?

Here and there. I saw him prolly like 10 times at Bowie. And his stint in the majors. I like his swing. But yes, minor league stats do have alot to do with my out of nowhere prediction.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #32 by osforlife » October 24th, 2012, 7:13 pm

ofahn wrote:
I am DEFINITELY NOT an Andino fan, but I would rate his defense as above average. IMO Flaherty is not as good but I see him as having the ability to become Andino's equal if he's willing to really work at it. I also see Flaherty's bay as having a much bigger upside.

Flaherty has a sweet stroke too. I'am defintily a RF fan. I wanted him to stay on the roster when many people wanted him off. Not sure what his role will be next year...
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #33 by ofahn » October 24th, 2012, 7:14 pm

osforlife wrote:Here and there. I saw him prolly like 10 times at Bowie. And his stint in the majors. I like his swing. But yes, minor league stats do have alot to do with my out of nowhere prediction.

I think the Orioles' assessment of Ryan Adams has been made apparent by the fact that he's no longer on the 40 Man Roster.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #34 by osforlife » October 24th, 2012, 7:17 pm

ofahn wrote:
I think the Orioles' assessment of Ryan Adams has been made apparent by the fact that he's no longer on the 40 Man Roster.

Sadly yes. Have a gut feeling he's gonna tear up the international league this year though.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #35 by ofahn » October 24th, 2012, 7:19 pm

osforlife wrote:Sadly yes. Have a gut feeling he's gonna tear up the international league this year though.

He should certainly be motivated to do that; however, If I were him I would spend TWICE as much time with his fielding instructor as the batting cage.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles