Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Injured Players Thus Far

Injured Players Thus Far

PostPost #1 by BuckMagic » March 19th, 2011, 10:01 am

The Orioles have had quite a few players injured this spring...but it's looking more and more likely that all will be ready Opening Day aside from Justin Duchscherer.

Derrek Lee is in today's lineup and should be good to go for the regular season as long as there are no setbacks.

Brian Roberts is still dealing with some back problems but took live BP yesterday and could sneak into Monday's game.

I am still a bit worried about Duchscherer and do not think he will be ready come opening day.

Overall, the injuries aren't looking as bad as they seemed at first.
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Re: Injured Players Thus Far

PostPost #2 by DougDE » March 19th, 2011, 4:42 pm

I wouldnt be surprised if Duchsherer never pitches for the O's. Things do look more promising now then a week ago. Roberts I think is still a pretty big concern until he's played a nice stretch of games. That back will be the elephant in the room for the rest of his career. Hopefully he gets it calmed down and has a good year
DougDE
GCL Orioles

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » March 25th, 2011, 10:29 pm

Now looks as if Duchscherer is the only major injury. Based on what I'm hearing about Bergesen I think he'd be ready to go if they want him in the opening day rotation.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #4 by BuckMagic » March 27th, 2011, 8:18 pm

DougDE wrote:I wouldnt be surprised if Duchsherer never pitches for the O's. Things do look more promising now then a week ago. Roberts I think is still a pretty big concern until he's played a nice stretch of games. That back will be the elephant in the room for the rest of his career. Hopefully he gets it calmed down and has a good year

I still always have that feeling some issue's going to come up...even when he makes a few appearances in a row. :?
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Return to Baltimore Orioles