Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Pedro Strop throws 2 scoreless innings...

Pedro Strop throws 2 scoreless innings...

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 11th, 2012, 11:16 pm

Pedro Strop came up big tonight with 2 scoreless innings. That's after all the crap he received from this board (including myself).

Props to him and it's amazing that he stepped up after not pitching a full inning since September 24th.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Pedro Strop throws 2 scoreless innings...

PostPost #2 by ofahn » October 11th, 2012, 11:43 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:Pedro Strop came up big tonight with 2 scoreless innings. That's after all the crap he received from this board (including myself).

Props to him and it's amazing that he stepped up after not pitching a full inning since September 24th.

Good to see the old Pedro back.

The commentators said during the game tonight that they thought he was tired and the week's rest made all of the difference. Just another example of how important an off season training program is.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 11th, 2012, 11:54 pm

ofahn wrote:
Good to see the old Pedro back.

The commentators said during the game tonight that they thought he was tired and the week's rest made all of the difference. Just another example of how important an off season training program is.

Also used heavily during the season. I'm sure that week did make a big difference.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #4 by Matt P » October 12th, 2012, 6:59 am

He looked like he did the first 2/3 of the season. Impressive.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #5 by birdwatcher55 » October 19th, 2012, 2:46 pm

Strop poses a dilemma of sorts: do the Orioles package him as trade bait with the emergence of Matusz?? Or do they hold onto him and see if he can replicate his eighth inning dominance?? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #6 by osforlife » October 19th, 2012, 2:57 pm

No question hold on to Strop. He got a little fatigued. With proper rest he look good as new. Looking forward to seeing Pedro dominate in late innings again.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #7 by MikeNewcomb92 » October 19th, 2012, 7:33 pm

I would hold onto him and hope that he can replicate what he did for us this year, and if not see what our options are with him. My gut says he will be as good as he was this year for us next year, he has good mechanics just needs to calm himslef down at times and command his pitches. That will come around next year and he will be a great setup man.
MikeNewcomb92
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 2

PostPost #8 by LA Detective » October 19th, 2012, 7:44 pm

As Smoltz said on the broadcast that when you get tired you start getting out of wack mechanically by using different body parts to keep your speed. There was a time in late May or early June he was on pace for 110+ innings..Buck did a great job getting that down to reason but I think the damage was done..He was another victim of the Gregg saga...Not bagging on Gregg but Stop, ODay and Ayala were pitching in situations they had no business being in a game earlier in the year. Should of been a long man eating innings or mopping up...When he was fresh he was devastating.. MVO votes early on...I see no reason he isnt that next year.
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #9 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 19th, 2012, 7:46 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Strop poses a dilemma of sorts: do the Orioles package him as trade bait with the emergence of Matusz?? Or do they hold onto him and see if he can replicate his eighth inning dominance?? 8-)

I see no reason to deal him. He is controlled for the next 4-5 years I believe.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #10 by ofahn » October 19th, 2012, 11:15 pm

Like most of our pitchers he just needs to get into better shape. A solid winter of legs and core and he should be good for 75 or so innings.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #11 by birdwatcher55 » October 20th, 2012, 9:00 am

ofahn wrote:Like most of our pitchers he just needs to get into better shape. A solid winter of legs and core and he should be good for 75 or so innings.

I thought our pitchers were in pretty good shape this year actually. Last year some of our hurlers were brought into question .. especially Matusz 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #12 by ofahn » October 20th, 2012, 10:19 am

birdwatcher55 wrote:I thought our pitchers were in pretty good shape this year actually. Last year some of our hurlers were brought into question .. especially Matusz 8-)

Well, since some of them clearly tired towards the end of the season, then they probably could have been in better shape.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Return to Baltimore Orioles