Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Trade Options for James Shields

Trade Options for James Shields

PostPost #1 by MikeNewcomb92 » October 19th, 2012, 2:05 am

Who would we be able to trade away to get James Shields? I feel like James Shields would be a great addition to the Orioles Rotation and would make him an experienced big game pitcher we need. He also pitches very well at OPACY which shouldnt play to much of a factor into it but it wouldn't hurt his case to play there. Lastly I feel like James would Help make our rotation not feel so pressured and have them be able to move each pitcher back a spot in the rotation and let them be more relaxed and comfortable. Let me know how you all feel about these options and who we can give up in return.
MikeNewcomb92
DSL Orioles
 
Posts: 51
Joined: August 2012
Reputation Score: 2

Re: Trade Options for James Shields

PostPost #2 by ofahn » October 19th, 2012, 8:13 am

MikeNewcomb92 wrote:Who would we be able to trade away to get James Shields? I feel like James Shields would be a great addition to the Orioles Rotation and would make him an experienced big game pitcher we need. He also pitches very well at OPACY which shouldnt play to much of a factor into it but it wouldn't hurt his case to play there. Lastly I feel like James would Help make our rotation not feel so pressured and have them be able to move each pitcher back a spot in the rotation and let them be more relaxed and comfortable. Let me know how you all feel about these options and who we can give up in return.


Definitely a solid big game pitcher, but a trade for him won't happen for several good reasons.

1) Tampa now sees us as a threat. They're not going to give us the knife to cut their throat.
2) Make book that any trade talks would START with Dylan Bundy and then they would be reasonable (LOL) and reduce their demands to JUST Machado and another piece or two.

I honestly expect Tampa to trade some pitching for impact offense this winter; however, I expect that it will be AT LEAST out of the division and probably out of the league.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4399
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Trade Options for James Shields

PostPost #3 by birdwatcher55 » October 19th, 2012, 2:35 pm

Shields will be pricey next year... I don't see the Orioles dropping $10 mil range on this guy plus very good compensation package to get him for what one year?? Not happening. Plus I don't see Tampa trading within its division and with one of its chief rivals to boot 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: November 2011
Reputation Score: 11

Re: Trade Options for James Shields

PostPost #4 by Matt P » October 20th, 2012, 1:37 am

Tampa isn't delusional they know that nobody is giving up a Machdado or Bundy type super prospect for James Shields.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: October 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Reputation Score: 37

Re: Trade Options for James Shields

PostPost #5 by birdwatcher55 » October 20th, 2012, 8:57 am

Matt P wrote:Tampa isn't delusional they know that nobody is giving up a Machdado or Bundy type super prospect for James Shields.

The Yankees might ;)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: November 2011
Reputation Score: 11

Re: Trade Options for James Shields

PostPost #6 by ofahn » October 20th, 2012, 10:20 am

birdwatcher55 wrote:The Yankees might ;)


The Yankees don't have those kind of players in their system right now and Tampa ISN'T going to give the Yankees James Shields.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4399
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Trade Options for James Shields

PostPost #7 by birdwatcher55 » October 22nd, 2012, 11:42 am

ofahn wrote:
The Yankees don't have those kind of players in their system right now and Tampa ISN'T going to give the Yankees James Shields.

I was just kidding. Obviously Shields, if traded, will be moved out of the division 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: November 2011
Reputation Score: 11

Re: Trade Options for James Shields

PostPost #8 by ofahn » October 22nd, 2012, 11:50 am

birdwatcher55 wrote:I was just kidding. Obviously Shields, if traded, will be moved out of the division 8-)


Shields is a very good pitcher, but he's not going to get them what they really need; a young controllable power 1B. David Price would along with a SP prospect to replace Price.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4399
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85



Return to Baltimore Orioles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

cron