Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Now that I stopped drinking the kool aid

Re: Now that I stopped drinking the kool aid

PostPost #31 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 15th, 2012, 7:32 pm

Matt P wrote:Which is one of the reasons I mentioned why they are looking to move him. Gyorko is not as good as Headley though. If they were looking to be competitive they would be looking to move Gyorko to fill holes, not Headley.

Well, they are kind of stuck in between. There is no reason for Gyorko to play at AAA and if they think he can play 3B for them for the next 6 years it makes much more sense to trade Headley this off-season than to trade Gyorko.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #32 by Matt P » October 15th, 2012, 10:05 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:Well, they are kind of stuck in between. There is no reason for Gyorko to play at AAA and if they think he can play 3B for them for the next 6 years it makes much more sense to trade Headley this off-season than to trade Gyorko.

I wish the Orioles could get stuck in between an elite player and an elite prospect lol.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #33 by birdwatcher55 » October 16th, 2012, 11:26 am

Headley is going to cost a lot. I would love him but at what price?? Assuming it's Arrieta, Matusz and Schoop, would you do that??? And shift Manny and JJ to SS and 2B respectively?? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #34 by Matt P » October 16th, 2012, 2:45 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Headley is going to cost a lot. I would love him but at what price?? Assuming it's Arrieta, Matusz and Schoop, would you do that??? And shift Manny and JJ to SS and 2B respectively?? 8-)

I would but most probably wouldn't. I don't know about shifting JJ to 2B though, seems like a waste of his defensive talent. I'd try and trade him if we got Headley.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles