Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Adam Jones is pressing way too hard

Re: Adam Jones is pressing way too hard

PostPost #16 by OriolesRedskins28 » October 12th, 2012, 8:58 pm

Really disappointed in the pathetic performance of Adam Jones. Don't know if the pressure got to him or it was just an ill timed slump but his performance in the series was embarrassing. Watching him strike out on 3 pitches in multiple at bats filled with flailing swings and misses was troubling for the future. Missing Jeter's gift triple in game 3 (which clearly effected the outcome of the game and the series) wasn't exactly a good sign either.

His lack of plate discipline really came back and bit him in the ass in this series. He was able to have a good season in spite of it so hopefully it won't bring his performance down too much in the future.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Adam Jones is pressing way too hard

PostPost #17 by Jimmypowder » October 13th, 2012, 10:38 am

I'll admit I didn't watch a lot of Orioles baseball this year but it seemed to me
Adam just looked downright scared at bat in the Yankees series . I just knew looking at him he wasn't gonna produce
with his body language coming up to the plate .
Jimmypowder
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #18 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 13th, 2012, 1:28 pm

Jimmypowder wrote:I'll admit I didn't watch a lot of Orioles baseball this year but it seemed to me
Adam just looked downright scared at bat in the Yankees series . I just knew looking at him he wasn't gonna produce
with his body language coming up to the plate .

And his body language after at-bat. You could tell he wanted to throw his helmet and bat but held back.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #19 by LA Detective » October 13th, 2012, 2:10 pm

Now we willl see who Adam Jones really is....He fell flat on his face at a time the MVO was needed the most.....Its happened to all the great ones...how he responds will say how great he is...The playoff failure could push him to have a monster 2013 and beyond..its up to him...How hard will he work in the offseason??...How much will he correct his weaknesses??? I really hope that at this time next year we can say this years failures made him an elite player..
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #20 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 13th, 2012, 2:15 pm

LA Detective wrote:Now we willl see who Adam Jones really is....He fell flat on his face at a time the MVO was needed the most.....Its happened to all the great ones...how he responds will say how great he is...The playoff failure could push him to have a monster 2013 and beyond..its up to him...How hard will he work in the offseason??...How much will he correct his weaknesses??? I really hope that at this time next year we can say this years failures made him an elite player..

That is the hope. I still don't see how people are actually mad at him. No one can question that he was trying. He wanted to succeed so bad. Hopefully that makes him better next year.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #21 by Matt P » October 13th, 2012, 8:58 pm

LA Detective wrote:Now we willl see who Adam Jones really is....He fell flat on his face at a time the MVO was needed the most.....Its happened to all the great ones...how he responds will say how great he is...The playoff failure could push him to have a monster 2013 and beyond..its up to him...How hard will he work in the offseason??...How much will he correct his weaknesses??? I really hope that at this time next year we can say this years failures made him an elite player..

I think Adam Jones is going to take the next step next year.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles