Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

O's have Miguel Gonzalez for the next 5 years

O's have Miguel Gonzalez for the next 5 years

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 12th, 2012, 8:16 pm

How exciting is that?

It's pretty much impossible for him not to make next year's rotation and he really looks like a solid #3 starter. We haven't even seen what he can do with a full spring training and off-season full of preparation for starting.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: O's have Miguel Gonzalez for the next 5 years

PostPost #2 by Matt P » October 12th, 2012, 8:29 pm

It is pretty exciting but one has to wonder how he will respond going forward. Stuff wise he can pitch in the big leagues and we all know he has the mental part down too. The only thing is he's never pitched as many innings as he did this year and he has had some injury issues in the past.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 12th, 2012, 8:32 pm

Matt P wrote:It is pretty exciting but one has to wonder how he will respond going forward. Stuff wise he can pitch in the big leagues and we all know he has the mental part down too. The only thing is he's never pitched as many innings as he did this year and he has had some injury issues in the past.

That's true. He also had some problems with stamina this year. Preparing for 2013 knowing he'll start could help with some of that.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #4 by Matt P » October 12th, 2012, 8:34 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:That's true. He also had some problems with stamina this year. Preparing for 2013 knowing he'll start could help with some of that.

Yep. Sometimes I wonder if they should think about going with a 6 man rotation next year after seeing how much better Hammel, Chen, and Gonzalez did with extra rest and the fact Bundy pitched in a 6 man rotation all year.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #5 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 12th, 2012, 8:37 pm

Matt P wrote:Yep. Sometimes I wonder if they should think about going with a 6 man rotation next year after seeing how much better Hammel, Chen, and Gonzalez did with extra rest and the fact Bundy pitched in a 6 man rotation all year.

That could work actually. Especially because their relievers can go multiple innings.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #6 by Matt P » October 12th, 2012, 8:38 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:That could work actually. Especially because their relievers can go multiple innings.

Yeah, it's something I've been thinking about for the last few weeks. I was going to make a post on it showing everyone's stats on extra days and whatnot but I figured it would take awhile and not many people would read multiple paragraphs haha.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #7 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 12th, 2012, 8:39 pm

Matt P wrote:
Yeah, it's something I've been thinking about for the last few weeks. I was going to make a post on it showing everyone's stats on extra days and whatnot but I figured it would take awhile and not many people would read multiple paragraphs haha.

If you want to write something up I'd be happy to publish it on the main site.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #8 by ofahn » October 12th, 2012, 9:46 pm

He needs to spend the winter working with Brady Anderson or someone like him. LEGS, LEGS, LEGS.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Return to Baltimore Orioles