Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Yankees-Orioles

Yankees-Orioles

PostPost #1 by birdwatcher55 » October 7th, 2012, 8:42 am

We'll need to win two in New York to win this series and that means beating Sabathia at least once 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: Yankees-Orioles

PostPost #2 by BmoreShank » October 7th, 2012, 9:14 am

If we take the two at home we only need to win one in New York. Meaning we need to beat CC and Pettite.
BmoreShank
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #3 by Rising O's » October 7th, 2012, 9:30 am

Hammel, Chen, Gonzalez, Tillman*, Saunders*

I feel good about winning this series, but if Chen brings his game tomorrow... it would not :o me to see a sweep. :lol:

Checked stub hub and they have a lot of tickets for today and tomorrow, they even have tickets for NY, its a shame I no longer live on the east coast. :cry:
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #4 by Matt P » October 7th, 2012, 10:49 am

Rising O's wrote:Hammel, Chen, Gonzalez, Tillman*, Saunders*

I feel good about winning this series, but if Chen brings his game tomorrow... it would not :o me to see a sweep. :lol:

Checked stub hub and they have a lot of tickets for today and tomorrow, they even have tickets for NY, its a shame I no longer live on the east coast. :cry:

I got my tickets for todays game on Friday night about 5 minutes after they got the final out (couldn't risk jinxing it and buying during the game or before the game after I bought WC tickets and they lost on Wednesday haha). Thinking about going to NY if there is a game 4 or game 5.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #5 by birdwatcher55 » October 10th, 2012, 2:39 pm

More smallball tonight please. Let's not be swinging for the fences 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #6 by Matt P » October 10th, 2012, 4:13 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:More smallball tonight please. Let's not be swinging for the fences 8-)

It's so weird to me that they won all season because of the longball yet in the playoffs they have won 2 out of 3 games and haven't hit a HR yet.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #7 by ofahn » October 10th, 2012, 4:25 pm

Matt P wrote:
It's so weird to me that they won all season because of the longball yet in the playoffs they have won 2 out of 3 games and haven't hit a HR yet.

Good SP has covered for the lack of run production.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #8 by birdwatcher55 » October 11th, 2012, 1:36 pm

Do or die tonight. Need to generate some base runners!!! It's hard to win scoring two runs against the Yankees or most teams for that matter 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #9 by STrone03 » October 11th, 2012, 2:07 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Do or die tonight. Need to generate some base runners!!! It's hard to win scoring two runs against the Yankees or most teams for that matter 8-)

That plus we are giving up runs in dumb situations and also not taking advantage of others as well.

Adam Jones has to catch that Jeters flyball in center. I have been watching Jeter my entire life and by the bat flip he did I knew he thought it had a chance to be off the wall. Such a shame AJ didn't get a good read.

Another example is Hardys baserunning blunder in Game 2.

We just made it a little harder on ourselves but anyone can win two games in a row.
STrone03
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

PostPost #10 by osforlife » October 11th, 2012, 2:35 pm

Offense needs to score more runs, period.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #11 by Matt P » October 11th, 2012, 2:42 pm

Am I the only one that thought Tillman was the best pitcher on the team during the regular season? I don't understand why they aren't pitching him tonight.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #12 by ofahn » October 11th, 2012, 2:43 pm

Matt P wrote:Am I the only one that thought Tillman was the best pitcher on the team during the regular season? I don't understand why they aren't pitching him tonight.

He has the best stuff, but I still don't think he feels confident in big games. I just wish he would trust it.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #13 by Matt P » October 11th, 2012, 2:44 pm

ofahn wrote:
He has the best stuff, but I still don't think he feels confident in big games. I just wish he would trust it.

Is there a reason you feel that way?
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #14 by ofahn » October 11th, 2012, 2:46 pm

Yeah, but it probably qualifies as the "eyeball" test. That game in Tampa was a good example. He gave up three HRs in large part because he was nibbling. There's no reason for him to do that. When he trusts his stuff he can be lights out. He just needs to believe that EVERY START.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #15 by birdwatcher55 » October 11th, 2012, 2:58 pm

X factor tonight: Girardi's father passed away today. That may make our task tougher. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Next

Return to Baltimore Orioles