Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Wieters' pitch selection

Wieters' pitch selection

PostPost #1 by Matt P » October 10th, 2012, 10:55 pm

Ibanez is a fastball hitter and he called a first pitch fastball from Matusz in the 11th.

I know I made a thread about Jones but I just can't stop thinking about how incredibly stupid that was.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Re: Wieters' pitch selection

PostPost #2 by OriolesRedskins28 » October 11th, 2012, 12:29 am

Would have helped if Matusz had thrown it anywhere near the spot he was supposed to (as he is prone to do sometimes) but I agree with you. Should have at least started him with a breaking ball on the outer half.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #3 by ofahn » October 11th, 2012, 12:31 pm

I don't mean to go off subject, but if we could have manufactured ONE LOUSY RUN last night this entire conversation would be academic.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #4 by birdwatcher55 » October 11th, 2012, 1:26 pm

I agree Matt. We did it TWICE!!!...Horrendous pitch calling. Was this a Buck call?? Or Wieters??? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #5 by STrone03 » October 11th, 2012, 2:03 pm

I have no idea where the ball landed and have no watched a replay but I distinctively remember Matt hitting his leg or ground after Ibanez swing. May have been angry with himself or situation not sure. Probably himself.
STrone03
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

Return to Baltimore Orioles