Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Tonight is a MUST Win!

Tonight is a MUST Win!

PostPost #1 by STrone03 » September 26th, 2012, 9:23 am

I believe tonight's game is a must win for the Orioles. This is huge because we can't afford to outright lose a series and we need to have some momentum on our side with the Red Sox series this weekend.

Miguel has the stuff to get it done for us. In his last 4 starts he has ate up 25.2 innings and only given up 9 runs for a 3.16 ERA. Toronto is 25th in the league in team average (.244) and Gonzalez has done a sufficient job keeping the opponent off the bases (.246 against).

Another factor going for Gonzalez is that he has only allowed 19 hrs this entire season (92 innings) and when Toronto does excel they do it via the long ball. The Jays are 6th in the league in HRs, only 1 back of Texas and Milwaukee and being tied for 4th place (8 back of the Os and 3rd). Miguel also has a 0.64 GO/AO ratio this season. If he keeps the ball down like he has it should be another great outing.

The Orioles have score the most runs in the month of September (122). We need to get the bats going again tonight. I will also be in attendance tonight to hopefully watch some more Orioles magic and make another postseason push.
STrone03
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

Re: Tonight is a MUST Win!

PostPost #2 by ofahn » September 26th, 2012, 9:47 am

STrone03 wrote:We need to get the bats going again tonight.

Saunders pitched well enough to win last night, but it's hard to do so when your team doesn't give you ANY run support.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #3 by birdwatcher55 » September 26th, 2012, 12:36 pm

Every game is big from this point on. We need to generate some offense 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #4 by birdwatcher55 » September 26th, 2012, 12:37 pm

STrone03 wrote:I believe tonight's game is a must win for the Orioles. This is huge because we can't afford to outright lose a series and we need to have some momentum on our side with the Red Sox series this weekend.

Miguel has the stuff to get it done for us. In his last 4 starts he has ate up 25.2 innings and only given up 9 runs for a 3.16 ERA. Toronto is 25th in the league in team average (.244) and Gonzalez has done a sufficient job keeping the opponent off the bases (.246 against).

Another factor going for Gonzalez is that he has only allowed 19 hrs this entire season (92 innings) and when Toronto does excel they do it via the long ball. The Jays are 6th in the league in HRs, only 1 back of Texas and Milwaukee and being tied for 4th place (8 back of the Os and 3rd). Miguel also has a 0.64 GO/AO ratio this season. If he keeps the ball down like he has it should be another great outing.

The Orioles have score the most runs in the month of September (122). We need to get the bats going again tonight. I will also be in attendance tonight to hopefully watch some more Orioles magic and make another postseason push.

What is your ingame record?? If you are winless, please stay home :lol:
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #5 by STrone03 » September 26th, 2012, 2:39 pm

I believe it to be 7-4 if I remember correctly.

Also Deion Sanders is at the game and going to take BP. Has a locker beside Adam Jones and apparently Buck coached him in the minors. Pretty cool.
STrone03
DSL Orioles

PostPost #6 by Matt P » September 26th, 2012, 2:49 pm

No such thing as a must win until it's an elimination game.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #7 by STrone03 » September 26th, 2012, 3:26 pm

I'd rather not be 3 back of the Yankees. Must win for me.

Playoff teams do not lose series to worse teams when they matter.
STrone03
DSL Orioles

PostPost #8 by STrone03 » September 26th, 2012, 3:26 pm

I'd rather not be 3 back of the Yankees. Must win for me.

Playoff teams do not lose series to worse teams when they matter.

Time to prove we belong in the playoffs and WIN.
STrone03
DSL Orioles

PostPost #9 by ofahn » September 26th, 2012, 3:37 pm

IF we're going to win the division then ALL seven remaining games are MUST win. Even if we did THAT we would still need the Yankees to go 4 - 3 in their last seven to win the division outright. If we win just ONE more game than NY then we face an elimination game against them for the division, and if we lose that then we face ANOTHER elimination game as a wildcard.

Winning out is not a guarantee, but it's our best chance to beat the Yanks.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #10 by Matt P » September 26th, 2012, 3:58 pm

One game doesn't prove they are a playoff team though. Hopefully they win but even if they lose they still control their own fate.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #11 by ofahn » October 1st, 2012, 9:59 am

ofahn wrote:Winning out is not a guarantee, but it's our best chance to beat the Yanks.

I said that with seven games remaining and it's still true with just three.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #12 by birdwatcher55 » October 1st, 2012, 11:44 am

I have only two words for this Tampa Series: Go A's!! 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #13 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 2nd, 2012, 12:25 am

birdwatcher55 wrote:I have only two words for this Tampa Series: Go A's!! 8-)

Why go A's?
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #14 by birdwatcher55 » October 2nd, 2012, 12:25 pm

So that Tampa is eliminated and maybe just maybe their incentive to win the next two nights is slightly diminished 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #15 by STrone03 » October 2nd, 2012, 2:14 pm

I had this argument with another Orioles fan.... I DO NOT want to have a wild card game in Oak. I also don't think TB's momentum lessens just because they are not going to make the post season. They were fighting an uphill battle already.
STrone03
DSL Orioles

Next

Return to Baltimore Orioles