Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Game 159: Redsox @ Orioles - 9/30/12

Game 159: Redsox @ Orioles - 9/30/12

PostPost #1 by osforlife » September 30th, 2012, 11:39 am

For the Orioles:

Nate McLouth LF
J.J. Hardy SS
Chris Davis RF
Adam Jones CF
Matt Wieters C
Jim Thome DH
Mark Reynolds 1B
Ryan Flaherty 2B
Manny Machado 3B

Joe Saunders LHP

For the Red Sox:

Ellsbury CF
Pedroia 2B
Ross RF
Gomez 1B
Valencia 3B
Lavarnway C
Nava LF
Ciriaco DH
Iglesias SS

Stewart RHP

I no longer cringe when I look up and down the Sox lineup. Sorry for not doing Game 157. I was busy. I have a feeling we aren't going to give up this division now once we have a share of the lead. Tampa is the last team I wanna play though in the last series of the year.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

Re: Game 159: Redsox @ Orioles - 9/30/12

PostPost #2 by MaineSkin » September 30th, 2012, 12:03 pm

I'd really like to see Machado in the 2 hole until Hardy can wake-up at the plate. I also still hate Saunders and think he's a liability v RH dominate lineups. I kow he succeeded v NYY, but look at NYY record when facing SPs for the 1st time let alone LH. Cool site
MaineSkin
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 2

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » September 30th, 2012, 12:25 pm

MaineSkin wrote:I'd really like to see Machado in the 2 hole until Hardy can wake-up at the plate. I also still hate Saunders and think he's a liability v RH dominate lineups. I kow he succeeded v NYY, but look at NYY record when facing SPs for the 1st time let alone LH. Cool site

I wouldn't mind seeing that either but Buck isn't going to move Hardy.

Thanks and welcome!
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #4 by ofahn » September 30th, 2012, 2:44 pm

THANK YOU, TORONTO! Five run lead and your bullpen looked like it was working hard to FIND ways to give it all back. I hope they have enough pride to try and actually win this game.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #5 by ofahn » September 30th, 2012, 3:16 pm

What a COMPLETE collapse by the Toronto bullpen. Eight runs in three innings and they STILL aren't finished pouring high octane on the inferno. It HAS to make you appreciate our bullpen that much more.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #6 by ofahn » September 30th, 2012, 6:43 pm

This may sound crazy on its face, BUT I would like to see the Angels win the night game; too. If they do that then Tampa is eliminated and we would be facing them when they had nothing left to play for. I'd rather do that than face the Rays in their own stadium when they were playing for their own survival.

At this point it's the bottom of the Second and the Angels are up 4 - 1. I hope they can hold that lead and we play a Tampa team that's just running out the string.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #7 by ofahn » September 30th, 2012, 9:16 pm

ofahn wrote:This may sound crazy on its face, BUT I would like to see the Angels win the night game; too. If they do that then Tampa is eliminated and we would be facing them when they had nothing left to play for. I'd rather do that than face the Rays in their own stadium when they were playing for their own survival.

At this point it's the bottom of the Second and the Angels are up 4 - 1. I hope they can hold that lead and we play a Tampa team that's just running out the string.

...oh, and if the Rangers lose the second game we'll have the exact same record as they will. We could win the division and have home field advantage in the playoffs.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Return to Game Threads