Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Who has been the O's MVP this season?

Re: Who has been the O's MVP this season?

PostPost #16 by osforlife » September 28th, 2012, 9:22 am

After re-thinking my choices, I think I'll put Jones in front of Johnson. Johnson sure has been great..best closer in baseball. He's had one screwup in my opinion(vs. Oakland) and the 9th inning is always safe once it gets to him, unlike many previous years. Wieters has been a leader, plays great defense, and is quietly having himself a solid offensive season. I also give him props for the constant wave of new pitchers he has to call. But Jones has been a leader himself, has played every game, covers a helluva lot of ground, and his bat has been clutch/consistent all year. I believe, if we weren't a team built off the homerun he could be a 30 steal guy to go along with a .300 average(if he learned to take the outside and low pitch a little more) and 30 homeruns.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #17 by ofahn » September 28th, 2012, 11:08 am

osforlife wrote:After re-thinking my choices, I think I'll put Jones in front of Johnson. Johnson sure has been great..best closer in baseball. He's had one screwup in my opinion(vs. Oakland) and the 9th inning is always safe once it gets to him, unlike many previous years. Wieters has been a leader, plays great defense, and is quietly having himself a solid offensive season. I also give him props for the constant wave of new pitchers he has to call. But Jones has been a leader himself, has played every game, covers a helluva lot of ground, and his bat has been clutch/consistent all year. I believe, if we weren't a team built off the homerun he could be a 30 steal guy to go along with a .300 average(if he learned to take the outside and low pitch a little more) and 30 homeruns.

My vote would still go to Wieters but I would have no real gripes about Jones as the selection.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #18 by STrone03 » September 28th, 2012, 2:42 pm

My vote is for AJ but it is very close. If Wieters had a better year at the plate then it would change things.

Heard rumblings via twitter that AJ might actually be top 5 in MVP votes too.
STrone03
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles