Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

the flaherty situation

Re: the flaherty situation

PostPost #16 by osforlife » September 4th, 2012, 4:24 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Deal for Pedroia this offseason and let's end all this stupidity and the drama of As The 2Nd Base Turns 8-)

Or how about we deal with another year of the Andino's, Flaherty's, Tolleson's, Quintanilla's, Robert's of the world until Schoop comes up.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 58

PostPost #17 by osforlife » September 22nd, 2012, 9:15 pm

A great game for Ryan today. He may be forcing a platoon at second.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #18 by Matt P » September 23rd, 2012, 12:50 am

He's been very impressive how he has come in off the bench for extended periods of time and contributed. Good for him.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #19 by Tucker Blair » September 23rd, 2012, 9:55 am

Matt P wrote:He's been very impressive how he has come in off the bench for extended periods of time and contributed. Good for him.

I look forward to seeing him next season with a full year under his belt with the club.
I think people were writing him off too soon about being on the 25 man roster next season. I see no reason why he couldn't fill an important role next year.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #20 by birdwatcher55 » September 23rd, 2012, 10:38 am

I see RF headed for the minors next year to work at 2B and develop his skills further. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #21 by ofahn » September 23rd, 2012, 3:32 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:
I look forward to seeing him next season with a full year under his belt with the club.
I think people were writing him off too soon about being on the 25 man roster next season. I see no reason why he couldn't fill an important role next year.

I think he should be given every opportunity to win the 2B job next year. He has shown he can hit when given the chance and his defense is PLUS.

We only have a few pieces we could trade this winter and I think there are bigger priorities than 2B.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #22 by LA Detective » September 23rd, 2012, 3:55 pm

Unless Roberts retires no way PA will allow a trade for or free agent that is costly. PA has shown he doesnt believe paying for nothing (Gregg situation).

There are bigger needs. I would like to see them get a Defesive Wiz that could hit at least .250. Send Flaherty to the minors to just play 2nd for the first month and a half. I see him as a .275+ hitter with 12-15hrs and plus, fundamental D.

I thought he should of been platooning ever since he came back from inj rehab. I just dont see the love for Andino. Nice error today by the way. Very costly. 7 stranded runners in the 9th spot today and 4 Ks..Flaherty will only get better.
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #23 by ofahn » September 23rd, 2012, 4:02 pm

LA Detective wrote:I see him as a .275+ hitter with 12-15hr

I was thinking along the same lines.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #24 by osforlife » September 23rd, 2012, 7:17 pm

I was thinking he could be a Ben Zobrist type player with not as high of an OBP. So like .270 hitter with 20 bombs a season playing like 6 different positions. I'am not sure what I would do with Ryan next year. I certainly wouldn't want him to be in another situation next year like he was this year. I'd like him to be playing everyday somewhere, at multiple postions. Roberts will probably be ready to go for Opening Day 2013 so the FO and Buck will give him every chance to play second before he gets hurt. Then something along the lines of Adams, Flaherty, Andino, etc. I agree RF should be playing second vs Righties.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles