Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

"Maybe O's are just better than Yanks"

"Maybe O's are just better than Yanks"

PostPost #1 by Matt P » September 7th, 2012, 8:06 am

What a great article to read during a C++ class at 8am. Had a smile on my face the entire time 8-)

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_ ... re-orioles

Chen called it after his first start and I thought he was crazy. Now, I think he was right.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Re: "Maybe O's are just better than Yanks"

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » September 7th, 2012, 3:12 pm

Matt P wrote:What a great article to read during a C++ class at 8am. Had a smile on my face the entire time 8-)

Chen called it after his first start and I thought he was crazy. Now, I think he was right.

dude I think ANY article would be a good read during that hell of a class :D
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #3 by birdwatcher55 » September 9th, 2012, 7:27 pm

Was he watching today???? :roll:
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #4 by Matt P » September 9th, 2012, 9:30 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Was he watching today???? :roll:

You do know they split the season series right? That was after starting 0-4 against them.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #5 by Oriole85 » September 10th, 2012, 11:07 am

Matt P wrote:
You do know they split the season series right? That was after starting 0-4 against them.

As of right now, in the event of a tiebreaker for a potential divisional playoff game(if the two teams are tied with the division lead) or if they tie for a wildcard spot (assuming TB wins the division) -- the O's are 32-24 and the Yankees are 29-27 in divisional play, so to say the least I like their chances. That being said this series against Tampa Bay has extra significance as do the rest of our divisional games as well as theirs.
Oriole85
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #6 by Oriole85 » September 10th, 2012, 11:10 am

Matt P wrote:What a great article to read during a C++ class at 8am. Had a smile on my face the entire time 8-)

The article of course was written before the Markakis news. I don't think the injury is as lethal as some do, but I'm not quite sure it would've been written. Before that I would've tended to agree with the article. All that said, looks like Teixera might be out the rest of the year, so that evens things out somewhat, although the Yankees definitely have a bigger margin for error. Can you imagine if the Orioles would've lost the equivalent of Riveria, Pineda, Arod, Gardner, Texeria (I'm sure there are others I'm missing) for the same amount of time. That's why money doesn't buy you titles like some think, it helps and it makes for more of a margin of error.
Oriole85
DSL Orioles

PostPost #7 by birdwatcher55 » September 10th, 2012, 11:33 am

Who was the better team on the field Sunday and through much of the weekend series?? We're just not in the same class as the Yankees and people need to get a reality check as much as it hurts 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #8 by Oriole85 » September 10th, 2012, 12:32 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Who was the better team on the field Sunday and through much of the weekend series?? We're just not in the same class as the Yankees and people need to get a reality check as much as it hurts 8-)

That's very true they could've easily won all four of the games. But I don't think it's fair to say they are a better team because of a four game stretch when they've been collapsing since the All-Star break. They had a 10 game lead and it's now down to one. If the Yanks were winning by even 5 games right now, would anyone think the O's had a remote chance at the division? Many were writing the O's off and saying Tampa had a remote chance at the AL East title. Now it's up for grabs.
Oriole85
DSL Orioles

PostPost #9 by DougDE » September 10th, 2012, 9:39 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Who was the better team on the field Sunday and through much of the weekend series?? We're just not in the same class as the Yankees and people need to get a reality check as much as it hurts 8-)

Tryin as hard as you can to be the token troll on here huh?
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Return to Baltimore Orioles