Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Wildcard Situation

Re: Wildcard Situation

PostPost #16 by Oriole85 » August 27th, 2012, 9:30 am

Rising O's wrote:Seems a good place to put this information given the potential for a playoff run.

MLB.tv is offering a 10 dollar deal for the rest of the baseball season. The offer is valid only until 11:59pm on Monday.

I get their emails every week with their latest deal, I'm sure it won't be the last. I still think the O's have enough business to do, that I'm not worrying about other teams so much, not sure when i'll start scoreboard watching. As far as I'm concerned, keep winning games for the time being and control what you can control.
Oriole85
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #17 by jonas winslo » August 27th, 2012, 2:34 pm

The race to last isn't so bad with som many cards this season. Everybody has a shot!
jonas winslo
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #18 by Rising O's » August 27th, 2012, 5:49 pm

I don't think you'll get a better deal than 10 dollars for the final 36 games. I usually work when the O's play, so even if I get to see only 10 games, its worth it.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #19 by Rising O's » August 31st, 2012, 8:57 pm

Funny how a few games changes the complexion of things. Rays running away with the WC? Now 2.5 behind the O's and A's.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #20 by Matt P » September 1st, 2012, 1:46 am

**** the wild card let's take the division 8-)
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #21 by birdwatcher55 » September 2nd, 2012, 5:43 am

Bad loss Saturday. Is this the start of a September Swoon??? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #22 by thezeroes » September 2nd, 2012, 8:38 am

birdwatcher55 wrote:Bad loss Saturday. Is this the start of a September Swoon??? 8-)

If posters continue to write this type of stuff "Swoon", "Regress to the mean", And "So now it begins" sooner or later they may be correct but I find it discouraging when posters seems to think the glass is always half empty.

I would rather look at it as "let's get this one out of the way to go on a winning streak"
thezeroes
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 38

PostPost #23 by ofahn » September 2nd, 2012, 9:19 am

thezeroes wrote:If posters continue to write this type of stuff "Swoon", "Regress to the mean", And "So now it begins" sooner or later they may be correct but I find it discouraging when posters seems to think the glass is always half empty.

Sometimes the answer is just as simple as "consider the source".
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #24 by Matt P » September 3rd, 2012, 3:24 am

They have a bunch of "bad losses" this season and they have bounced back every time.

This team just doesn't give up. I think the most impressive thing they have done is not win more than 5 games in a row. Maybe it also is a negative as it shows the inconsistencies of the starting rotation but it also proves they are good and haven't relied on one or two crazy long winning streaks to get where they are now.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #25 by birdwatcher55 » September 4th, 2012, 12:36 pm

I don't see it continuing much longer. Tillman is going to be a huge loss if he is done for the year. Who knows if Hammel's knee will hold up okay. Saunders can't win at home for whatever reason. Just too many potential bumps in the road as I see it 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #26 by Jordan Tuwiner » September 4th, 2012, 3:09 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:I don't see it continuing much longer. Tillman is going to be a huge loss if he is done for the year. Who knows if Hammel's knee will hold up okay. Saunders can't win at home for whatever reason. Just too many potential bumps in the road as I see it 8-)

He's made one start at home. How can you say "he can't win at home"?
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #27 by ofahn » September 4th, 2012, 3:15 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:He's made one start at home. How can you say "he can't win at home"?

If you want to be analytical about it; since he spent most of the year with the Diamondbacks, Camden Yards ISN'T home.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #28 by Jordan Tuwiner » September 4th, 2012, 3:17 pm

ofahn wrote:
If you want to be analytical about it; since he spent most of the year with the Diamondbacks, Camden Yards ISN'T home.

True, but I don't see why his home stats in Arizona would matter anymore.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #29 by birdwatcher55 » September 4th, 2012, 3:59 pm

Check his "home" history... It's horrendous .. especially in AZ .. What happened last Wednesday in Baltimore??? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles