Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Matusz Out of the Pen

Matusz Out of the Pen

PostPost #1 by birdwatcher55 » September 1st, 2012, 8:52 am

Sorry .. guy still makes me nervous even in a 6-run game. He's like the lefthanded version of Kevin Gregg :lol:
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: Matusz Out of the Pen

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » September 1st, 2012, 10:23 am

He's looked great in 3 appearances besides a Solo HR. Not sure what much more he needed to do so far.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #3 by Rising O's » September 1st, 2012, 10:48 am

He looks a lot more confident to me. He's attacking the hitters, and his velocity is up, making his off-speed that much better. I'd rather he attack and give up a solo shot in a 6 run game than nibble and walk batters.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #4 by Shorebirdfan » September 1st, 2012, 12:06 pm

Rising O's wrote:He looks a lot more confident to me. He's attacking the hitters, and his velocity is up, making his off-speed that much better. I'd rather he attack and give up a solo shot in a 6 run game than nibble and walk batters.

Agree and it's just another solid move by this organization. They keep finding ways to use underperforming players in ways that maximize their value.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #5 by osforlife » September 1st, 2012, 2:24 pm

His curve ball has looked good and the velocity is up to 93 if I believe correctly. He made Cano look foolish with his curve on the first pitch. Norfolk rotation is where he should start in 2013.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #6 by birdwatcher55 » September 2nd, 2012, 5:42 am

Personally I hope he is in another organization next year. In fact, I'm going to toss out this trade scenario: Matusz and B level prospect to Red Sox for Dustin Pedroia 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #7 by Matt P » September 3rd, 2012, 3:22 am

4 pitches for 4 strikes yesterday. I like how he is attacking the zone. He looks totally different out of the pen.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Return to Baltimore Orioles