Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Does Pat Egan deserve a shot

Does Pat Egan deserve a shot

PostPost #1 by Renovator9 » August 28th, 2012, 8:24 pm

I was disappointed at tonights rain out, I was looking forward to Pat Egan taking the mound.
What else does this player need to do. I think if he can get 1 or maybee 2 more soild peformaces
that someone will have to notice.
Renovator9
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Does Pat Egan deserve a shot

PostPost #2 by Matt P » August 28th, 2012, 9:12 pm

No, he's got a lot of people in front of him before he gets his.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #3 by Renovator9 » August 29th, 2012, 1:31 am

In 2010 he was considered a prospect, but had a tough time in AAA. This season he is getting the job done, and
has done very well in AAA. When I look at the stats just who do feel is in front of him. He has great control ( no walks
in Norfolk in 12 innings ) does not give up the long ball ( no home runs ) and his stike ratio has improved. I have been watching this player since Bluefield VA and took a liking to him when we had a chance to meet.
Renovator9
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #4 by Matt P » August 29th, 2012, 10:15 am

I'm not saying he is bad just that he doesn't deserve a shot at this point. He's pitched well but so have others. This isn't the old Orioles where people get shots here and there to stick with the team. There is really no room for him on the 25 man roster unless they got rid of Gregg (which they have proven time and time again they won't) and even if they did get rid of him there are others that would get the call before Egan's name is even mentioned.

In years past he would likely get a shot in September but this team currently has nobody on the 40 man that I'd be willing to cut loose for him either.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #5 by birdwatcher55 » August 29th, 2012, 12:17 pm

Who is Pat Egan??? :roll:
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Return to Baltimore Orioles