Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

8/26/12 Minor League Gameday Thread

8/26/12 Minor League Gameday Thread

PostPost #1 by Tucker Blair » August 26th, 2012, 10:43 am

Today's starters:
Norfolk: Dana Eveland
Bowie: Dylan Bundy
Frederick: Tim Berry
Delmarva: Parker Bridwell
Aberdeen: Sebastian Vader


Sorry I missed yesterday (I have a life, I think :lol: )
GCL is officially done by the way.
Might see a few more guys get moved up to Aberdeen or Delmarva.
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: 8/26/12 Minor League Gameday Thread

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » August 26th, 2012, 11:27 am

Tommy Hunter to start Tuesday at Bowie, with Rick Zagone moving up to Norfolk.
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: 8/26/12 Minor League Gameday Thread

PostPost #3 by Matt P » August 26th, 2012, 11:34 am

Does Hunter's demotion to AA mean anything? Do they think he is that bad or is it for location purposes since he'll be back in September?
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: October 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Reputation Score: 37

Re: 8/26/12 Minor League Gameday Thread

PostPost #4 by ofahn » August 26th, 2012, 11:38 am

TuckerBlair89 wrote:Sorry I missed yesterday (I have a life, I think :lol: )


What?!? And inconvenience a perfectly good forum?
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4400
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: 8/26/12 Minor League Gameday Thread

PostPost #5 by Tucker Blair » August 26th, 2012, 12:01 pm

Matt P wrote:Does Hunter's demotion to AA mean anything? Do they think he is that bad or is it for location purposes since he'll be back in September?


Nah I wouldn't look into it at all. Probably location purposes
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: 8/26/12 Minor League Gameday Thread

PostPost #6 by ofahn » August 26th, 2012, 12:15 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:Probably location purposes


Or maybe their rotation fit his schedule better.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4400
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: 8/26/12 Minor League Gameday Thread

PostPost #7 by Tucker Blair » August 26th, 2012, 12:25 pm

RHP Jose Nivar has held RHH to a .136 batting average. and LHH to a .400 batting average.

I've seen Nivar a bit this year and I'm not entirely surprised by this. The ball comes out of his hand and looks like it's coming directly for the RHH head. I'd be scared as heck with speeds like that coming towards me. LHH are killing him though. I think that has more to do with him not having a secondary arsenal he can rely on.

But hey, if they ever need a Right-handed specialist, there you go!
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: 8/26/12 Minor League Gameday Thread

PostPost #8 by ofahn » August 26th, 2012, 12:46 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:RHP Jose Nivar has held RHH to a .136 batting average. and LHH to a .400 batting average.

I've seen Nivar a bit this year and I'm not entirely surprised by this. The ball comes out of his hand and looks like it's coming directly for the RHH head. I'd be scared as heck with speeds like that coming towards me. LHH are killing him though. I think that has more to do with him not having a secondary arsenal he can rely on.

But hey, if they ever need a Right-handed specialist, there you go!


He needs a pitch that looks like his FB when it comes out of his hand but breaks TOWARDS a LH hitter. A change would be best but even an average slider would work. If a left LH batter knows a ball at 90 plus MPH is coming at them they won't be so quick to lean in, lock down, and swing away.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4400
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: 8/26/12 Minor League Gameday Thread

PostPost #9 by Tucker Blair » August 26th, 2012, 12:51 pm

ofahn wrote:
He needs a pitch that looks like his FB when it comes out of his hand but breaks TOWARDS a LH hitter. A change would be best but even an average slider would work. If a left LH batter knows a ball at 90 plus MPH is coming at them they won't be so quick to lean in, lock down, and swing away.


He has an OK slider, but it needs more refinement still. He's only been pitching for a short time.
You are spot on though, it's certainly a need.
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: 8/26/12 Minor League Gameday Thread

PostPost #10 by ofahn » August 26th, 2012, 12:54 pm

We could learn a lot about Dylan Bundy today. This will be his last start before the deadline for adding a player that will be eligible for the playoff roster. He's said that he wants to be in the ML before he turns 20. A strong performance today almost guarantees that. He has to be feeling pressure when he takes the mound this afternoon, even if he's putting it on himself. Let's see how he responds.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4400
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: 8/26/12 Minor League Gameday Thread

PostPost #11 by Tucker Blair » August 26th, 2012, 12:56 pm

ofahn wrote:We could learn a lot about Dylan Bundy today. This will be his last start before the deadline for adding a player that will be eligible for the playoff roster. He's said that he wants to be in the ML before he turns 20. A strong performance today almost guarantees that. He has to be feeling pressure when he takes the mound this afternoon, even if he's putting it on himself. Let's see how he responds.


Hope the game gets in!

It's pouring here.

Every team might get rained out at this point. (delmarva is playing in Hagerstown) (Keys at Potomac but not until 6:00)
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: 8/26/12 Minor League Gameday Thread

PostPost #12 by ofahn » August 26th, 2012, 2:24 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:
Hope the game gets in!

It's pouring here.

Every team might get rained out at this point. (delmarva is playing in Hagerstown) (Keys at Potomac but not until 6:00)


Have you heard whether they're going to just push him back to their next game?
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4400
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: 8/26/12 Minor League Gameday Thread

PostPost #13 by Tucker Blair » August 26th, 2012, 2:31 pm

ofahn wrote:
Have you heard whether they're going to just push him back to their next game?


Nothing yet, but Melewski is at Bowie so I am sure he will have something on it.
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45



Return to Minor Leagues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron