Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

whatever happened to Reimold?

whatever happened to Reimold?

PostPost #1 by docjj » August 26th, 2012, 1:10 am

I realize he had neck and disc issues. Was he ever officially declared done for the year? Too bad because he was off to a red-hot start....
docjj
DSL Orioles
 
Posts: 182
Joined: January 2011
Reputation Score: 3

Re: whatever happened to Reimold?

PostPost #2 by thezeroes » August 26th, 2012, 7:10 am

From Roch's Blog on August 1st:

Manager Buck Showalter told reporters that Nolan Reimold will move his rehab program to Jacksonville, where he can be closer to his family. He's been rehabbing for a few weeks, and Showalter said he's looking forward to having Reimold healthy next spring.
http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roc ... today.html
thezeroes
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 251
Joined: April 2011
Reputation Score: 38

Re: whatever happened to Reimold?

PostPost #3 by osforlife » August 26th, 2012, 8:51 am

I think he should take reps at first and in center (if it was that easy hah, but he should at least try). That way he could be the right-handed hitter to platoon with Davis/Betemit at First/DH and be the 4th outfielder with Hoes, Jones, and Markakis in left,right,center. He could also pinch hit and pinch run.
User avatar
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1628
Joined: October 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Reputation Score: 59

Re: whatever happened to Reimold?

PostPost #4 by ofahn » August 26th, 2012, 9:07 am

osforlife wrote:I think he should take reps at first and in center (if it was that easy hah, but he should at least try). That way he could be the right-handed hitter to platoon with Davis/Betemit at First/DH and be the 4th outfielder with Hoes, Jones, and Markakis in left,right,center. He could also pinch hit and pinch run.


I worry about him playing in the field because of his injury history. I'd like to see him focus on DH.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4402
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: whatever happened to Reimold?

PostPost #5 by birdwatcher55 » August 26th, 2012, 10:29 am

I don't think we can focus on Reimold as a dependable piece going forward. Would LOVE to go after Cody Ross but he will likely re-sign with Sawx. At any rate, we need to look hard for a long term LF solution this offseason 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: November 2011
Reputation Score: 11

Re: whatever happened to Reimold?

PostPost #6 by Matt P » August 26th, 2012, 11:31 am

Agreed, they need to figure out LF long term. If they think it's LJ Hoes call him up to start Opening Day, if they think it's Xavier Avery call him up to start Opening Day, if they don't think either is the answer they need to sign or trade for a LF.

Depending on Reimold at this point would just be silly. I still believe he is the best all around hitter on the team but he just can't be relied upon as the everyday LF.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: October 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Reputation Score: 37

Re: whatever happened to Reimold?

PostPost #7 by Tucker Blair » August 26th, 2012, 12:04 pm

Matt P wrote:Agreed, they need to figure out LF long term. If they think it's LJ Hoes call him up to start Opening Day, if they think it's Xavier Avery call him up to start Opening Day, if they don't think either is the answer they need to sign or trade for a LF.

Depending on Reimold at this point would just be silly. I still believe he is the best all around hitter on the team but he just can't be relied upon as the everyday LF.


It's going to be one of the three IMO. All have their flaws and all have their strengths.
If you want the most dynamic player whom might get hurt than it is Reimold.
If you want a consistent player who might be a hollow batting average, go with Hoes.
If you want speed and defense and occasional flashes of other skills, go with Avery.

I will LOVE this battle come spring. Should be great to follow.
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: whatever happened to Reimold?

PostPost #8 by ofahn » August 26th, 2012, 12:14 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:It's going to be one of the three IMO.


Why are you focusing on Reimold in LF? Don't you think that he might be more durable as a DH (or part of a DH platoon)?
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4402
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: whatever happened to Reimold?

PostPost #9 by Tucker Blair » August 26th, 2012, 12:17 pm

ofahn wrote:
Why are you focusing on Reimold in LF? Don't you think that he might be more durable as a DH (or part of a DH platoon)?


Yes I do. But until I hear the O's say he is not playing LF, I don't think we should take him out of the conversation.
It's going to be tough figuring out what they can and can't do with Reimold. But as we all know, Buck and DD do what they think helps them win.
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: whatever happened to Reimold?

PostPost #10 by Matt P » August 26th, 2012, 12:35 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:
It's going to be one of the three IMO. All have their flaws and all have their strengths.
If you want the most dynamic player whom might get hurt than it is Reimold.
If you want a consistent player who might be a hollow batting average, go with Hoes.
If you want speed and defense and occasional flashes of other skills, go with Avery.

I will LOVE this battle come spring. Should be great to follow.

Probably, but I wouldn't rule out going outside the organization to fill the void. Duquette has no ties to any player in the organization and although Buck loves Reimold he can't realistically expect him to stay healthy. I've been saying Reimold should DH and bat lead off since the JSP days lol.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: October 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Reputation Score: 37



Return to Baltimore Orioles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron