Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Zach Britton back to back good outings

Zach Britton back to back good outings

PostPost #1 by Matt P » August 25th, 2012, 1:53 am

Looking good these last two starts. Very encouraging to see him getting the ground balls and getting deep into the game. It would be huge if he can keep it up and finish the season strong.

Here's a quote from Roch's blog from Britton:

The defense did outstanding today. It was unbelievable. That gives you a lot of confidence, too, to have them hit the ball on the ground. You know they're going to make the plays.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roc ... itton.html

I've been saying for years that if they want these young pitchers to succeed they need to focus on defense, defense, and defense. They have one of the better defensive teams in the league right now IMO and the pitchers have to be more relaxed now that Machado, Quintanilla, and McLouth are in the lineup just about everyday.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Re: Zach Britton back to back good outings

PostPost #2 by Rising O's » August 25th, 2012, 12:54 pm

It helps a little when your offense can score too. Mistake pitches won't necessarily end the game and that is a good know as a young pitcher.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #3 by OriolesRedskins28 » August 26th, 2012, 12:23 am

Matt P wrote:
I've been saying for years that if they want these young pitchers to succeed they need to focus on defense, defense, and defense. They have one of the better defensive teams in the league right now IMO and thepitchers have to be more relaxed now that Machado, Quintanilla, and McLouth are in the lineup just about everyday.

Agree 100%. I think the improved D will be vitally important for the development of the young pitchers.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Reynolds, he has definitely been an improvement over the other so called first baseman on the team.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #4 by Matt P » August 26th, 2012, 12:47 am

OriolesRedskins28 wrote:
Agree 100%. I think the improved D will be vitally important for the development of the young pitchers.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Reynolds, he has definitely been an improvement over the other so called first baseman on the team.

I've been defending Reynolds so much in various threads I thought I'd leave him out for once ;)
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Return to Baltimore Orioles