Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Are We Rushing Bundy???

Re: Are We Rushing Bundy???

PostPost #16 by Matt P » August 22nd, 2012, 4:48 pm

One thing to keep in mind is that Buck may not be here long term. Next year is his last year on his contract right? If he thinks Bundy can help the big league club either this September or next season he is going to be pushing Duquette very hard to call him up to the MLB.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #17 by Oriole85 » August 22nd, 2012, 5:50 pm

A_K wrote:
Keep in mind most concerns at the beginning of the year were based on Bundy throwing 3 innings per start, where he wasn't able to face a lineup a second time. I think plenty of people would have been fine with him starting at Delmarva if he was treated as a full starter from the very beginning.

That said, a few months later those concerns do seem silly. Their approach allowed him to pitch for a full season without being shut down for innings reasons.

It's easy to say that now, seeing he dominated Low A. If he had only pitched 3 innings at Bowie and gotten crushed, everyone would be saying the opposite. It's easier to go up than go down.
Oriole85
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #18 by Oriole85 » August 22nd, 2012, 5:51 pm

Matt P wrote:One thing to keep in mind is that Buck may not be here long term. Next year is his last year on his contract right? If he thinks Bundy can help the big league club either this September or next season he is going to be pushing Duquette very hard to call him up to the MLB.

Yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if the O's extend Buck. I think Buck will be here a few more years atleast.
Oriole85
DSL Orioles

PostPost #19 by Matt P » August 22nd, 2012, 5:52 pm

Oriole85 wrote:Yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if the O's extend Buck. I think Buck will be here a few more years atleast.

I certainly hope so. In my years of really following the team he has been by far the best manager that I've seen. I was too young when Davey Johnson was in Baltimore.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #20 by Oriole85 » August 23rd, 2012, 12:52 am

Matt P wrote:
I certainly hope so. In my years of really following the team he has been by far the best manager that I've seen. I was too young when Davey Johnson was in Baltimore.

I'm amazed at how much criticism I see sometimes with the "Buck logic" on Twitter. That's not to say I agree with every move he makes and he definitely has his faults (who doesnt?). As I told one, I'll take "Buck logic" over Trembley/Perlozzo/Mazilli/etc "logic."
Oriole85
DSL Orioles

PostPost #21 by OriolesRedskins28 » August 26th, 2012, 12:17 am

Oriole85 wrote:I'm amazed at how much criticism I see sometimes with the "Buck logic" on Twitter. That's not to say I agree with every move he makes and he definitely has his faults (who doesnt?). As I told one, I'll take "Buck logic" over Trembley/Perlozzo/Mazilli/etc "logic."

Well said.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #22 by Matt P » August 26th, 2012, 12:51 am

Melewski last night said that rumors around the Yard were he could be called up August 31st (so that if they make the post season he can be on the roster) and start against the Yankees on September 6th. He is very much against bringing him up this season but he did say those are the latest rumblings and grumblings about him.

I thought they would bring him up as a reliever but if they think he is one of the 5 best starters in the organization they might as well let him start. It just seems odd to me to take away his best pitch and then bring him up without it and have him pitch against the Yankees. Lefties have been hitting him and the Yankees are loaded with lefties.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles