Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

MILB Fan and Player Interaction

MILB Fan and Player Interaction

PostPost #1 by Shorebirdfan » August 19th, 2012, 8:41 pm

Rather than write out an entire story regarding this matter, here is a blog that relays the story with good accuracy as it has been told to me through several people.

Please note that at this point, no one has heard Jason's side of the story publicly, and although I don't feel he can possibly defend his actions. Everyone deserves a chance to tell their story. To this point, I am just as disappointed in the organizations lack of action with the player, as I am in the action of the player himself.

http://www.lowereasternshorenews.com/
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

Re: MILB Fan and Player Interaction

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » August 19th, 2012, 8:46 pm

Needless to say, I am very disappointed in Jason. I know he's struggled this season, but this is not the way to go...
I hope the girl is alright now and understands that not all players are like that (And I'm sure Jason is not truly like this either)

Just unfortunate that stuff like this even happens. I agree with the writer of that, he should have been punished much more.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #3 by ofahn » August 19th, 2012, 10:03 pm

It sounds like the team should consider an intervention. This young man's problems are much more than his on the field struggles.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #4 by Matt P » August 19th, 2012, 11:15 pm

Pathetic. They should send him home for the rest of the season.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #5 by Oriole85 » August 23rd, 2012, 10:27 am

Way too many "anonymous" comments on that website. I really hate how anyone can say just about anything on the Internet and not have their name attributed to it sometimes.

A few things -- I believe Jason should've been benched for the next game. I realize that Minor might have been taking orders from the higher-ups and not had any real say in that though. I also believe there should've been more public discpline. All this being said, I don't believe he should be "sent home" for the rest of the season. He made a bad decision, it will definitely go on his file so to speak and affect the organizations decisions from here on out. I'm all for second chances and I hope he'll learn from his mistake here.

It just takes bad apple to make everyone look bad. And looking through the comments on that page, many think all the Shorebirds players are bad guys.

It's very disappointing to me this happened. I'm not saying it's right if an MLB player does this sort of thing, but many people go to minor league games since it's more "pure" and family-friendly.
Oriole85
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Return to Minor Leagues