Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Mark Reynolds 2011 home run king?

Mark Reynolds 2011 home run king?

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » February 27th, 2011, 2:34 pm

http://camdendepot.blogspot.com/2011/02 ... nolds.html

A reader told me to look over at Pinnacle Sports, a betting site that bets on pretty much anything. The interesting part to us (and is shown below) are the odds on who is the favorite in 2011 to win the home run title in all of baseball. It goes through Ryan Howard, Adam Dunn, Albert Pujols, Prince Fielder, Jose Bautista, and Adrian Gonzalez before it finds its 7th most likely winner: our very own Mark Reynolds. This might strike some as fanciful, but Reynolds does have the 3rd most homeruns over the past two seasons and 8th most over the past three seasons. Based on last year, homeruns were ~15% easier to hit at Camden Yards than at Chase Field. That might increase his total by about 2 home runs.

I don't think he'll lead the league in homers but the O's finally have someone who has the chance to win the HR title.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Mark Reynolds 2011 home run king?

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » February 27th, 2011, 2:41 pm

Reynolds went deep in his first AB of today's intrasquad game (off of Chorye Spoone).
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Mark Reynolds 2011 home run king?

PostPost #3 by Don » February 27th, 2011, 3:17 pm

I would still cut 5-8 homeruns from his total, if it could mean one or two more hits a week. I can live with him at .275 and 30 instead of a .245 and 40 season, but this is just one mans opinion.

BTW, I was working with two high school pitchers this morning in Alexandria, VA. We had a small gents wager focusing me under the gun. I hit 96 and sat in the 92-93 range, not to bad for an old fart past 40.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Return to Baltimore Orioles