Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Could Dylan Bundy actually debut this season?

Could Dylan Bundy actually debut this season?

PostPost #1 by Baysox347 » August 9th, 2012, 11:01 pm

Brian Matusz also jumped from Bowie to the majors late in a season.

Dylan Bundy is a more highly touted prospect.

The Orioles are in contention.

They weren't in Matusz's case.

Just saying.
Baysox347
DSL Orioles
 
Posts: 23
Joined: August 2012
Reputation Score: 4

Re: Could Dylan Bundy actually debut this season?

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » August 9th, 2012, 11:05 pm

I wouldn't be surprised at all after seeing them move Machado up.
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1601
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: Could Dylan Bundy actually debut this season?

PostPost #3 by David » August 9th, 2012, 11:07 pm

I think we'll see him in LR in September, if not starting. Who knows, Machado was unexpected so there's no reason this won't be.
User avatar
David
Orioles Nation Staff
Staff Writer
DSL Orioles
 
Posts: 50
Joined: August 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Reputation Score: 4



Re: Could Dylan Bundy actually debut this season?

PostPost #4 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 9th, 2012, 11:09 pm

Yesterday morning I would have said "no chance".

With the promotion of Manny Machado and Bundy at AA now, I would not be surprised at all.
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: Could Dylan Bundy actually debut this season?

PostPost #5 by Matt P » August 10th, 2012, 1:57 am

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:Yesterday morning I would have said "no chance".

With the promotion of Manny Machado and Bundy at AA now, I would not be surprised at all.

I feel exactly the same.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: October 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Reputation Score: 37

Re: Could Dylan Bundy actually debut this season?

PostPost #6 by birdwatcher55 » August 10th, 2012, 11:43 am

0 chance 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: November 2011
Reputation Score: 11

Re: Could Dylan Bundy actually debut this season?

PostPost #7 by OriolesRedskins28 » August 10th, 2012, 1:22 pm

A couple of people I have read have stated they wouldn't be surprised if Bundy finished in the majors this year in the bullpen. I don't see why they wouldn't let him start if he's going to be in the majors. He would still have the 100 pitch limit and even though he might only be able to give the team a couple of starts, I think that would be better for both the Orioles and Bundy than having him in an already deep bullpen. This is of course assuming he does well in AA and they think he's ready for such a promotion.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 427
Joined: August 2011
Reputation Score: 25

Re: Could Dylan Bundy actually debut this season?

PostPost #8 by dan72 » August 12th, 2012, 7:54 pm

I think Bundy could handle the situation, Of course if there is any plans to do this the club needs to let him use all of his pitches now. He needs to have a feel for his full arsenal. In spring training he did fairly well lagainst the Redsox starting line up..... I have no doubt that he can get major league batters out.
The logical side of me says no chance, but the fan in me says, sure why not.
Worst thing that could happen is he gets hit around, and he starts next season at AAA....
dan72
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 367
Joined: July 2011
Reputation Score: 5

Re: Could Dylan Bundy actually debut this season?

PostPost #9 by David » August 12th, 2012, 8:00 pm

dan72 wrote:I think Bundy could handle the situation, Of course if there is any plans to do this the club needs to let him use all of his pitches now. He needs to have a feel for his full arsenal. In spring training he did fairly well lagainst the Redsox starting line up..... I have no doubt that he can get major league batters out.
The logical side of me says no chance, but the fan in me says, sure why not.
Worst thing that could happen is he gets hit around, and he starts next season at AAA....


The concern is that we're afraid of ruining him if he comes up to the majors and gets hammered and then goes back and tries to tinker with his mechanics.
User avatar
David
Orioles Nation Staff
Staff Writer
DSL Orioles
 
Posts: 50
Joined: August 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Reputation Score: 4



Re: Could Dylan Bundy actually debut this season?

PostPost #10 by Matt P » August 12th, 2012, 10:14 pm

"Ruining" someone is rubbish IMO. If a player is ruined because he didn't do good in the majors he wasn't going to make it anyways. If he does bad he works on what he did bad and hopefully fixes it by the next time he is up.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: October 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Reputation Score: 37

Re: Could Dylan Bundy actually debut this season?

PostPost #11 by Matt P » August 14th, 2012, 4:21 pm

Brittany Ghiroli ‏@Britt_Ghiroli
#Orioles also have Thome scouting Dylan Bundy tonight. Buck said he's excited to go watch.

Brittany Ghiroli ‏@Britt_Ghiroli
Buck's instruction's to Jim Thome tonight: Stand behind the plate in a batting stance and critique what it would be like to face Dylan Bundy

Brittany Ghiroli ‏@Britt_Ghiroli
Prepping for September perhaps?


Interesting
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: October 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Reputation Score: 37

Re: Could Dylan Bundy actually debut this season?

PostPost #12 by birdwatcher55 » August 15th, 2012, 6:31 am

I seriously doubt BG's tweets. Thome has better things to do with his time LOL .. Bundy was not effective in his AA debut last night. Time to get realistic: this kid is a year away from Baltimore. Everyone needs to deal with that fact 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: November 2011
Reputation Score: 11

Re: Could Dylan Bundy actually debut this season?

PostPost #13 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 15th, 2012, 12:26 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:I seriously doubt BG's tweets. Thome has better things to do with his time LOL .. Bundy was not effective in his AA debut last night. Time to get realistic: this kid is a year away from Baltimore. Everyone needs to deal with that fact 8-)

What do you mean you doubt her tweets? Thome was sitting 4 rows in front of Tucker and I at the game.

And Bundy was actually very effective. The box score does not do him justice.
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: Could Dylan Bundy actually debut this season?

PostPost #14 by Adam Wolff » August 15th, 2012, 1:49 pm

If I were to have to place a bet, I'd go against Bundy making a debut this year. Prior to the Machado move, I would have felt very strongly about that. Now, not so much. I wouldn't be shocked if he were brought up and pitched a few innings out of the bullpen, but still think it's more likely he spends the year in the minors. The fact that it's even discussion worthy is exciting, though.
@AdamWolff
User avatar
Adam Wolff
DSL Orioles
 
Posts: 32
Joined: August 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Reputation Score: 4

Re: Could Dylan Bundy actually debut this season?

PostPost #15 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 15th, 2012, 2:11 pm

Adam Wolff wrote:If I were to have to place a bet, I'd go against Bundy making a debut this year. Prior to the Machado move, I would have felt very strongly about that. Now, not so much. I wouldn't be shocked if he were brought up and pitched a few innings out of the bullpen, but still think it's more likely he spends the year in the minors. The fact that it's even discussion worthy is exciting, though.

That's exactly my thinking. Before Machado was brought up, I didn't think Bundy would see the majors. Now that the team is clearly willing to make a bold move in order to compete, I do believe Bundy will pitch from the Baltimore bullpen this season.
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57




Next

Return to Baltimore Orioles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron