Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

#38 Prospect - Brenden Webb

#38 Prospect - Brenden Webb

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » February 22nd, 2011, 11:15 pm

http://orioles-nation.com/?p=8467

A 30th round pick out of Palomar College, Brenden Webb signed for an over slot bonus of $250,000. He spent 2010 as part of Bluefield’s outfield and posted some good numbers, although they may not look all that impressive on the surface.

Full top 50 list
38. Brenden Webb
39. Troy Patton
40. Eddie Gamboa
41. Chorye Spoone
42. Brandon Waring
43. Greg Miclat
44. Jake Cowan
45. Ronnie Welty
46. Kyle Hudson
47. Sebastian Vader
48. Jarret Martin
49. Dudley Leonora
50. Justin Dalles
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: #38 Prospect - Brenden Webb

PostPost #2 by Shorebirdfan » February 23rd, 2011, 7:25 am

Glad to see him here. This was the one guy you project to start here on the Shore that I knew very little about. Hopefully the line up around him will assist in his development. The countdown is definitely leading to spring fever.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #3 by Don » February 23rd, 2011, 12:39 pm

I think Webb has alot of potent potenial. He needs to really iron out his game and if it happens, this kid could be one of the better position prospects in the organization.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #4 by bird's fan » February 24th, 2011, 11:45 am

I'm really looking forward to seeing this guy play. I looked at some stats and he has a lot of upside to him and hopefully he'll show what he can do. I think we have a number of good players in our Minor system with potential to advance. I know the new projected rosters will be out soon and if these guys stay healthy there should be some good competition for spots
bird's fan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #5 by Jordan Tuwiner » February 25th, 2011, 12:31 am

Don wrote:I think Webb has alot of potent potential. He needs to really iron out his game and if it happens, this kid could be one of the better position prospects in the organization.

For sure. He has 4 above-average tools in his speed, defense, power and arm strength. He's a well rounded player. If that batting average comes around this kid could be dangerous.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Return to Minor Leagues