Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Reynolds needs to go

Re: Reynolds needs to go

PostPost #16 by OriolesRedskins28 » August 7th, 2012, 12:55 am

Matt P wrote:3-3, 2 doubles, RBI, R

Defensively, he saved a runner in scoring position with nobody out by cutting off a throw home and got the out at 2nd. Also, made a diving stop on a bad throw by Jim Johnson in the 9th that would have scored the Mariners a run.

Get this bum off the team.

No need for sarcasm, watching this game my first thought was that I need to give Reynolds his due for a fantastic game. He was easily the MVP of the game going 3 for 3 and making multiple great defensive plays. One could argue that he was the key to winning this game. However it should be noted that he was facing a left handed pitcher, further supporting the idea of platooning Reynolds rather than having him start every day. I also still would rate his range at first as below average but he has certainly been making some great plays lately and was outstanding tonight.

birdwatcher55 wrote:Who scored the game winner today?? ;)

But he's produced a -.07 WAR for the SEASON which is a much bigger sample than one game. I hope he picks it up but statistics do not lie and he has been awful this year and has warranted every bit of the criticism he's gotten.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #17 by birdwatcher55 » August 7th, 2012, 5:41 am

Reynolds Rules!!!! 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #18 by ofahn » August 7th, 2012, 7:55 am

OriolesRedskins28 wrote:No need for sarcasm

POINTS!
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #19 by Matt P » August 12th, 2012, 10:29 pm

Three great defensive plays and the game winning RBI single 8-)
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #20 by Matt P » August 14th, 2012, 8:32 pm

2 HR tonight for the sheriff. His first was a solo HR that gave the O's a 2-1 lead and his 2nd was a 3 run HR that gave the O's a 7-1 lead and put the game out of reach for the Red Sox. This will be the 2nd consecutive game that Reynolds has driven in the game winning run.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #21 by Tucker Blair » August 14th, 2012, 8:33 pm

Matt P wrote:2 HR tonight for the sheriff. His first was a solo HR that gave the O's a 2-1 lead and his 2nd was a 3 run HR that gave the O's a 7-1 lead and put the game out of reach for the Red Sox. This will be the 2nd consecutive game that Reynolds has driven in the game winning run.

lol I was waiting for you to bump this.
I must admit, Mark is looking great in August.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #22 by Matt P » August 14th, 2012, 8:37 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:

8-)

Both his HR tonight were off a right handed pitcher. The game winning single on Sunday was off a right handed pitcher too. 9 of his 11 HR are off of right handed pitchers. So much for the platoon.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #23 by ofahn » August 14th, 2012, 8:39 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:

No question. When he's hot he can carry a team and when he's cold he's a black hole in the lineup. A good team can only afford one or two of these guys in its batting order.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #24 by legmason » August 14th, 2012, 9:41 pm

Hah! Told you guys he was poised for a great August! haha no really I'm just kidding. he's had an awful year and I'm just happy that he's helping the team at all. Defensively he's actually been really impressive at first recently. Gotta give it up to him, he's really turned it around.

Still not sure I want him back next year though...haha
legmason
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #25 by ofahn » August 14th, 2012, 9:44 pm

legmason wrote:Still not sure I want him back next year though

That 11M can be spent in SO many better ways.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #26 by legmason » August 14th, 2012, 9:47 pm

ofahn wrote:
That 11M can be spent in SO many better ways.

Truth Bombssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
legmason
DSL Orioles

PostPost #27 by Matt P » August 14th, 2012, 10:16 pm

legmason wrote:Hah! Told you guys he was poised for a great August! haha no really I'm just kidding. he's had an awful year and I'm just happy that he's helping the team at all. Defensively he's actually been really impressive at first recently. Gotta give it up to him, he's really turned it around.

Still not sure I want him back next year though...haha

I would try and work a 2 or 3 year deal with him. See if you can get him for around 6-7 mil per year. He's been superb at 1B defensively and is the best on the team at taking pitches and working a walk. He has his hot streaks and cold streaks like any player but when he is cold he still works the count and takes his walks unlike a lot of players that just look horrible at the plate during their cold streaks (think Luke Scott, Chris Davis, etc.). He also seems very well liked in the clubhouse which is a bonus and the pitchers are always raving about his defense at 1B after a start.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #28 by legmason » August 14th, 2012, 10:25 pm

Matt P wrote:I would try and work a 2 or 3 year deal with him. See if you can get him for around 6-7 mil per year. He's been superb at 1B defensively and is the best on the team at taking pitches and working a walk. He has his hot streaks and cold streaks like any player but when he is cold he still works the count and takes his walks unlike a lot of players that just look horrible at the plate during their cold streaks (think Luke Scott, Chris Davis, etc.). He also seems very well liked in the clubhouse which is a bonus and the pitchers are always raving about his defense at 1B after a start.

I don't disagree with you...at the right price he could be worth it. How many first basemen have the potential to hit 30 plus homeruns on a down year? (this year being an exception of course). Also, considering how weak the free agent 1st baseman class is I would consider it.
legmason
DSL Orioles

PostPost #29 by Matt P » August 14th, 2012, 10:56 pm

legmason wrote:
I don't disagree with you...at the right price he could be worth it. How many first basemen have the potential to hit 30 plus homeruns on a down year? (this year being an exception of course). Also, considering how weak the free agent 1st baseman class is I would consider it.

Yeah, there isn't much to choose from. Carlos Pena would be essentially replacing Reynolds with an older version of him. Swisher may be able to handle 1B and would be an upgrade offensively but who knows how much he will get and if he would even want to play 1B. I'd say Reynolds is our best option unless they think Chris Davis can be above average defensively. There is nobody in the minors to take over 1B.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #30 by mikezpen » August 15th, 2012, 4:08 am

The guy is maddening with the lousy BA,the strikeouts and the seemingly never ending cold spells. But if anybody ever hit a "hard" .220, this is the guy.

Tonite is an example. When he's on one of his streaks, he can carry the team.And right now, whose he keeping out of the lineup whose that great?
mikezpen
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 11

PreviousNext

Return to Baltimore Orioles