Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Anyone notice things during the game...

Anyone notice things during the game...

PostPost #1 by David » August 6th, 2012, 8:38 pm

For instance tonight I heard "HEY WIETERS MY WIFE THINKS YOU'RE HOT" and I remember back in the Twins series Captain Jack Sparrow was sitting behind home.

Anything else weird you guys notice?
David
Orioles Nation Staff
Staff Writer
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 4

Re: Anyone notice things during the game...

PostPost #2 by OriolesRedskins28 » August 7th, 2012, 12:35 am

David wrote:For instance tonight I heard "HEY WIETERS MY WIFE THINKS YOU'RE HOT" and I remember back in the Twins series Captain Jack Sparrow was sitting behind home.

I thought he said "Hey Davis", either way that was hilarious.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #3 by David » August 7th, 2012, 12:45 am

OriolesRedskins28 wrote:
I thought he said "Hey Davis", either way that was hilarious.

Nope, some people from my Orioles FB page agreed that it was Wieters, but yes it was hilarious!
David
Orioles Nation Staff
Staff Writer
DSL Orioles

PostPost #4 by birdwatcher55 » August 7th, 2012, 5:40 am

...some people have too much time on their hands :lol:
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #5 by mikezpen » August 7th, 2012, 7:41 am

David wrote:For instance tonight I heard "HEY WIETERS MY WIFE THINKS YOU'RE HOT" and I remember back in the Twins series Captain Jack Sparrow was sitting behind home.

Yeah, August games are actually meaningful.
mikezpen
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #6 by ofahn » August 7th, 2012, 7:53 am

mikezpen wrote:Yeah, August games are actually meaningful.

The last fourteen years of August games HAVE been meaningful, just not for us.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #7 by Matt P » August 7th, 2012, 11:58 pm

A couple of losers tonight kept yelling "swing" when Mariners hitters were batting.

Also noticed a couple Mariners fans sitting on the side of the dugout first row home plate side with gloves on. Weird to see someone not a kid have a glove on and also I don't think I've ever seen a ball hit there.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #8 by Tucker Blair » August 8th, 2012, 12:02 am

Not Orioles, but Baysox related.

There is this middle aged man who runs around getting players to sign baseball cards. I literally have witnessed him push LITTLE KIDS out of the way to get a players autograph. Quite pathetic.

Also there was a butterfly a foot in front of home plate for about 3 innings and not one person gave it one ounce of attention or tried to move it. It was maddening.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #9 by Matt P » August 8th, 2012, 12:12 am

[quote="TuckerBlair89"]Not Orioles, but Baysox related.

There is this middle aged man who runs around getting players to sign baseball cards. I literally have witnessed him push LITTLE KIDS out of the way to get a players autograph. Quite pathetic.

Also there was a butterfly a foot in front of home plate for about 3 innings and not one person gave it one ounce of attention or tried to move it. It was maddening.[/quote]
LOL
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #10 by ofahn » August 8th, 2012, 7:18 am

TuckerBlair89 wrote:There is this middle aged man who runs around getting players to sign baseball cards. I literally have witnessed him push LITTLE KIDS out of the way to get a players autograph. Quite pathetic.

That reminded me of something that happened to me at Wrigley in 2008.

The Orioles were there for the first time ever and I had tickets for the Thursday afternoon game. I was three rows back from the rail and two seats to the right of the Orioles dugout. Before the game Adam Jones came over to the rail where a group of Orioles' fans were standing. He started signing things and this a**hole (about 30) pushes his way through about ten kids up to the rail. One kid, about eight, got tears in his eyes and started walking back up the stairs.

I stepped up behind him and said something into his ear that I won't repeat here because the statute of limitations has not expired yet. He left quickly. Jones just looked up at me and smiled. I told him I would go get that kid if he would wait and he told me to hurry. I caught the kid and told him that Adam Jones wanted to talk to him. He didn't believe me until he saw Adam waiving at him.

He came back down and Adam yelled for one of the dugout attendants to come over. He pointed the kid out and told the kid to come back at the end of the (I believe) Fourth Inning. When the kid did the attendant handed him a brand new ball that I think most of the players on the team had signed during the game. The kid's father came with him this time and insisted we have a picture together.

We beat the Cubs 11 to 5. It was the THIRD best thing that happened to me that day. The second I've just shared with you, and the first is another story.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #11 by osforlife » August 8th, 2012, 10:32 am

Orioles fans kept shouting 0 for 7! once Saunders stepped up to the plate for the last time. Thank goodness they inntentionally walked Chris Davis. If I were Eric Wedge I would have told the pitcher to throw to him considering his high strikeout rates and that our best hitter is on deck.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #12 by David » August 8th, 2012, 10:37 am

osforlife wrote:Orioles fans kept shouting 0 for 7! once Saunders stepped up to the plate for the last time. Thank goodness they inntentionally walked Chris Davis. If I were Eric Wedge I would have told the pitcher to throw to him considering his high strikeout rates and that our best hitter is on deck.

I noticed that too, quite funny really. Lol
David
Orioles Nation Staff
Staff Writer
DSL Orioles

PostPost #13 by ofahn » August 8th, 2012, 11:05 am

osforlife wrote:If I were Eric Wedge I would have told the pitcher to throw to him considering his high strikeout rates and that our best hitter is on deck.

Wedge MAY have been playing the percentages by setting up a DP.

I agree, I would have pitched to Davis considering Jones' track record in extra innings.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #14 by Tucker Blair » August 8th, 2012, 11:26 am

ofahn wrote:
That reminded me of something that happened to me at Wrigley in 2008.

The Orioles were there for the first time ever and I had tickets for the Thursday afternoon game. I was three rows back from the rail and two seats to the right of the Orioles dugout. Before the game Adam Jones came over to the rail where a group of Orioles' fans were standing. He started signing things and this a**hole (about 30) pushes his way through about ten kids up to the rail. One kid, about eight, got tears in his eyes and started walking back up the stairs.

I stepped up behind him and said something into his ear that I won't repeat here because the statute of limitations has not expired yet. He left quickly. Jones just looked up at me and smiled. I told him I would go get that kid if he would wait and he told me to hurry. I caught the kid and told him that Adam Jones wanted to talk to him. He didn't believe me until he saw Adam waiving at him.

He came back down and Adam yelled for one of the dugout attendants to come over. He pointed the kid out and told the kid to come back at the end of the (I believe) Fourth Inning. When the kid did the attendant handed him a brand new ball that I think most of the players on the team had signed during the game. The kid's father came with him this time and insisted we have a picture together.

We beat the Cubs 11 to 5. It was the THIRD best thing that happened to me that day. The second I've just shared with you, and the first is another story.

Awesome story. Is it weird that I think I remember that exact game? Of course the Orioles rarely travel to the Cubs.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #15 by ofahn » August 8th, 2012, 11:45 am

TuckerBlair89 wrote:Of course the Orioles rarely travel to the Cubs.

I believe it was the only trip we made there.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Next

Return to Baltimore Orioles