Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

ON's mid-season top prospect lists

Re: ON's mid-season top prospect lists

PostPost #31 by Shorebirdfan » August 3rd, 2012, 3:48 pm

Only guy the three of you seem much higher on than I am is Chalas. I do agree with your comments on a move back to the bullpen, as I just don't see starter stuff there, but even then I think he is outside what would be my 30.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #32 by ofahn » August 3rd, 2012, 3:54 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:Only guy the three of you seem much higher on than I am is Chalas. I do agree with your comments on a move back to the bullpen, as I just don't see starter stuff there, but even then I think he is outside what would be my 30.

The best part of this debate is that a few years ago he would have been in everyone's top twenty. The farm system is nothing to brag about but it has improved over the last few years.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #33 by orioles » August 14th, 2012, 3:50 pm

I was in Aberdeen last week and saw the 3 lefties pitch (Coffey, Parry and Rutledge). Parry was head and shoulders the best…it wasn’t even close. Granted I saw him strike out 10 in 4 innings (he struck out the side in order back to back innings) but I’ve never seen a 6’6 lefty hide the ball so well. I’m curious why you ranked Rutledge in the top 20 and Parry isn’t even on the list? Does it have to do with reputation and draft slot? Parry might not throw as hard as Rutledge but by the time the batter was able to pick up the ball it was more than half way to the plate. Don’t get me wrong, Rutledge is a great prospect (I know you can’t judge by one start but he was hit hard that night) but if you saw them both in person back to back I believe you’d come to the same conclusion that Parry is more impressive and has a much higher up side.
orioles
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

Previous

Return to Minor Leagues