Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Parker Bridwell 8/2 Start Delmarva

Re: Parker Bridwell 8/2 Start Delmarva

PostPost #16 by Don » August 3rd, 2012, 10:14 am

I was in attendance...Parker was on point, just when you are told to be cute instead of attacking with a power arsenal, that is the end result.

He was locating where he was told, he was seen shaking off at least a half dozen pitches, I loved the sinker, change up had better fade.

Sometimes it is the breaks. The box score does not tell the story at all, as he gave up a few duck farts. He was not getting hit hard when he was throwing what he wanted to throw. They sat on pitches and how much do I notice that his contact was at times when he was shaking signs.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Parker Bridwell 8/2 Start Delmarva

PostPost #17 by MikeNewcomb92 » August 3rd, 2012, 10:26 am

It shouldn't matter what the catcher gives him signs to throw. If he is going to pitch at the next level he needs to be able to throw whatever he is asked to. He couldn't command his pitches. Plain and simple. He fell behind on most of the hitters he faced. Then got so worked up and kept walking people and was lucky he didn't get hit harder. The only reason he wasn't hit harder is because none of them were in the zone and hittable.
MikeNewcomb92
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 2

Re: Parker Bridwell 8/2 Start Delmarva

PostPost #18 by adonijah1510 » August 3rd, 2012, 11:50 am

One thing I noticed is Parker was rushing things at points. The ump had to stop him because he still had a player getting a ball on warming track and wasn't even ready.
adonijah1510
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 8

Previous

Return to Minor Leagues