Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

How many more starts does Bundy get at Frederick?

PostPost #1 by legmason » August 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am

Bundy's line last night was pretty impressive and I've heard rumblings that the o's would like him to get some starts at Bowie fairly soon. I think he has one more start for Fredrick and then he goes to Bowie.

His first couple starts for Frederick made him seem a little human after an amazing run at Delmarva but I think it's pretty safe to say that he's figured it out at the single a level without even using his cutter. Pretty exciting.
legmason
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

Re: How many more starts does Bundy get at Frederick?

PostPost #2 by Shorebirdfan » August 2nd, 2012, 8:58 am

Given the rumblings and the visitors they are getting at his starts, I think you are pretty close if not dead on. I'd be shocked to not see him get any starts in Bowie in the next month, mildly surprised if its not after one more start in Frederick.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #3 by Matt P » August 3rd, 2012, 1:03 am

I am of the unpopular opinion to keep him in Frederick for the rest of the season. Let him start next season in AA and spend the whole year there unless he is so dominant it's obvious he should be in the majors. He's only going to be pitching 160ish innings next season so it could be best to let him pitch all season there and start 2014 in Norfolk or Baltimore when he is ready to complete around 200 innings.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #4 by MikeNewcomb92 » August 3rd, 2012, 5:48 am

I respectfully disagree with you in that he is already being restricted in the aspect that he has inning limits and pitch count limits. I feel like we should move him up and get him the experience against better competition. I also think we should have him move up because he can also be developing his other pitches(cutter) against this tougher competition. But this is just me stating my opinion, and I also don't want him to be a bust by rushing him through to often. So I have faith in whatever Dan Duquette has planned for Dylan.
MikeNewcomb92
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 2

PostPost #5 by osforlife » August 3rd, 2012, 10:16 am

Matt P wrote:I am of the unpopular opinion to keep him in Frederick for the rest of the season. Let him start next season in AA and spend the whole year there unless he is so dominant it's obvious he should be in the majors. He's only going to be pitching 160ish innings next season so it could be best to let him pitch all season there and start 2014 in Norfolk or Baltimore when he is ready to complete around 200 innings.

Agreed. Really hope they don't rush this kid. Unless he is completely dominating, I bet full seasons at AA and AAA would do him good. The earliest I want to see him is Opening Day 2014.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #6 by MikeNewcomb92 » August 3rd, 2012, 10:28 am

So getting him to AA after his next start, then have him start there next year and if he is doing well then AAA before the all star break. Then opening day 2014.
MikeNewcomb92
DSL Orioles

PostPost #7 by ofahn » August 3rd, 2012, 10:41 am

MikeNewcomb92 wrote:So getting him to AA after his next start, then have him start there next year and if he is doing well then AAA before the all star break. Then opening day 2014.

That's the way I would do it. Let's give him a taste of AA and see if he's ready for it. It will allow him to see what he needs to work on over the Winter and have some confidence going into next year.

If the team allows him to pitch about 160 innings next year he should be prepared to go about 200 in 2014; which would make him a legitimate candidate to earn a SP job in ST 2014.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #8 by MikeNewcomb92 » August 3rd, 2012, 11:29 am

Couldn't agree anymore then that. I think if they use our plan it would lead to his success.
MikeNewcomb92
DSL Orioles

PostPost #9 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 3rd, 2012, 12:18 pm

MikeNewcomb92 wrote:So getting him to AA after his next start, then have him start there next year and if he is doing well then AAA before the all star break. Then opening day 2014.

Sounds likely.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Return to Minor Leagues