Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Eduardo Rodriguez & Miguel Chalas

Eduardo Rodriguez & Miguel Chalas

PostPost #1 by adonijah1510 » July 31st, 2012, 8:03 pm

Delmarva's commentator says both pitchers are goin to be just pitching 5 inning rest of season to help keep them healthy and be ready for next season.
adonijah1510
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 8

Re: Eduardo Rodriguez & Miguel Chalas

PostPost #2 by Shorebirdfan » July 31st, 2012, 11:01 pm

Yeah I mentioned last night I was surprised Rodriguez left after 5. Pitch count wasn't that high. Both these guys threw a lot less innings last season so makes sense to save the arms.

Be interesting to see who eats up the innings as the season draws to a close.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #3 by Tucker Blair » July 31st, 2012, 11:16 pm

Well Juan Guzman will probably be able to eat a ton of innings.

Other than that, It's possible someone like Blackmar moves up as well so Bennett Parry can move to the Ironbirds rotation. I'm just connecting dots, none of this is etched in stone yet.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #4 by socalbbfan » August 1st, 2012, 3:50 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:Well Juan Guzman will probably be able to eat a ton of innings.

Other than that, It's possible someone like Blackmar moves up as well so Bennett Parry can move to the Ironbirds rotation. I'm just connecting dots, none of this is etched in stone yet.

Any idea why Parry hasn't already moved into the rotation? I would have thought with Guzman moving up that he would be the obvious choice but I saw Aberdeen brought up a couple of new guys from the GCL that moved into starting roles right over him.
socalbbfan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #5 by Tucker Blair » August 1st, 2012, 10:59 pm

socalbbfan wrote:
Any idea why Parry hasn't already moved into the rotation? I would have thought with Guzman moving up that he would be the obvious choice but I saw Aberdeen brought up a couple of new guys from the GCL that moved into starting roles right over him.

He might be going there soon. GCL and NYPL is really tough because there are just so many arms. I think he will be there at some point, just not sure when.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Return to Minor Leagues