Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Have to give credit to Nick Markakis

Have to give credit to Nick Markakis

PostPost #1 by Matt P » July 31st, 2012, 9:46 pm

Wow, he has been incredible since his return. I've been down on him for a couple years now but his hitting since he returned from the DL and became the leadoff hitter has been remarkable. He couldn't have been higher than .265 before he got hurt and he's now up to .292 ... crazy.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Re: Have to give credit to Nick Markakis

PostPost #2 by Don » July 31st, 2012, 9:54 pm

It is good to see him maintain the contact ability with the hammett bone injury, allowing him to play a productive leadoff spot. I went on record thinking it was 10-16 weeks before his total game would come back, power is still down the road, but overall he is providing a solid top of the order bat....

You just would hope there would be some consistency behind him, which is way too sporadic to make a daily impact.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #3 by OriolesRedskins28 » July 31st, 2012, 9:58 pm

Matt P wrote:Wow, he has been incredible since his return. I've been down on him for a couple years now but his hitting since he returned from the DL and became the leadoff hitter has been remarkable. He couldn't have been higher than .265 before he got hurt and he's now up to .292 ... crazy.

I think he should remain the leadoff hitter moving forward, he seems to be very comfortable there and provides a solid OBP.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #4 by Tucker Blair » July 31st, 2012, 10:29 pm

He's also only struck out once the entire month of July.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #5 by mikezpen » August 1st, 2012, 9:08 am

Absolutely leave him at lead-off headed toward next year.
mikezpen
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #6 by Rising O's » August 1st, 2012, 9:51 am

So once again we learn that Nick thrives at the top of the order. But Buck refused to move him from the #3. Just like when Buck replied testily about putting someone other than Hardy in the #2 spot. Sometimes managers need to be forced into making changes.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

Return to Baltimore Orioles