Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Minor league spring training

Minor league spring training

PostPost #1 by ShowalterPower » February 16th, 2011, 9:35 pm

I am making a trip down to Sarasota to see both minor and major league spring training games. The schedule you posted got me thinking and I have a few quick questions about the structure of the minor league spring training.

- how much can you interact with the players?
- will my kids get a good amount of autographs?
- how do you know which players are playing where?

Thanks!!!
ShowalterPower
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Minor league spring training

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » February 18th, 2011, 1:31 pm

ShowalterPower wrote:how much can you interact with the players?

Depends on which minor league complex you are attending. If you head to Twin Lakes to see the A-ball guys you'll be able to wander the area like you were a player. You can sit in the bleachers with the pitchers not throwing that day and talk to most of them. If you head to the AA/AAA complex at Ed Smith Stadium your access is a bit more restricted. There is a fence surrounding the players, but many of them hang around the fence and they are all easy to talk to.

ShowalterPower wrote:will my kids get a good amount of autographs?

Tons. All of the players are willing to sign and you are so close to them it would be hard for them to ignore or deny you.

ShowalterPower wrote:how do you know which players are playing where?

The O's will probably release a minor league spring training roster sometime soon. A lot of the A+ pitchers will be at the AA/AAA complex but most of the other guys are usually with the correct level.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Minor league spring training

PostPost #3 by ShowalterPower » February 18th, 2011, 6:57 pm

Thanks Jordan. :)
ShowalterPower
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Return to Minor Leagues