Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

More Headley and Orioles rumors

More Headley and Orioles rumors

PostPost #1 by legmason » July 30th, 2012, 6:06 pm

According to MLBtraderumors, the padres want Arrieta and two prospects for Headley. One of the two prospects is rumored to be a Delmarva player with a "high ceiling". Thinking that has to be either Delmonico or Bridwell. To be honest that doesn't sound to bad. If we could get Headley without giving up Schoop, Machado or Bundy I think you have to consider it especially given that Headley will be under team control for two more years.
legmason
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

Re: More Headley and Orioles rumors

PostPost #2 by ofahn » July 30th, 2012, 6:10 pm

legmason wrote:According to MLBtraderumors, the padres want Arrieta and two prospects for Headley. One of the two prospects is rumored to be a Delmarva player with a "high ceiling". Thinking that has to be either Delmonico or Bridwell. To be honest that doesn't sound to bad. If we could get Headley without giving up Schoop, Machado or Bundy I think you have to consider it especially given that Headley will be under team control for two more years.

The Padres KNOW that they will get the most for Headley RIGHT NOW. This Winter Arrieta could be off of the table. If we include Arrieta then the Padres should be happy with the trade even if they don't get Bridwell or Delmonico.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #3 by ssauer » July 30th, 2012, 6:26 pm

They should keep Delmonico and give them Mike Wright(p), Steven Wayne Tolleson(3b) Oliver Drake (p) and Arrieta for Headley and Clayton Colby Richard and left handed pitcher. Chase isn't free agent till 2015.
ssauer
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #4 by birdwatcher55 » July 30th, 2012, 7:36 pm

I would add Mutsz to Arrieta and call it a day. I really HATE the idea of giving up Delmonico 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #5 by OriolesRedskins28 » July 30th, 2012, 7:38 pm

legmason wrote:According to MLBtraderumors, the padres want Arrieta and two prospects for Headley. One of the two prospects is rumored to be a Delmarva player with a "high ceiling". Thinking that has to be either Delmonico or Bridwell. To be honest that doesn't sound to bad. If we could get Headley without giving up Schoop, Machado or Bundy I think you have to consider it especially given that Headley will be under team control for two more years.

WHY IS THE DEAL NOT DONE YET THEN?!?!? I would jump on that in a heartbeat! Getting Headley for Arrieta and ANY 2 minor leaguers not named Machado, Bundy or Schoop would be a STEAL.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #6 by birdwatcher55 » July 30th, 2012, 7:41 pm

Add Delmonico to that list. Perhaps Arrieta and Hoes get's it done 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #7 by ofahn » July 30th, 2012, 7:45 pm

OriolesRedskins28 wrote:
WHY IS THE DEAL NOT DONE YET THEN?!?!? I would jump on that in a heartbeat! Getting Headley for Arrieta and ANY 2 minor leaguers not named Machado, Bundy or Schoop would be a STEAL.

Please don't be impatient. At this point I am the most confident that I have ever been that we're going to get him but let's NOT bid against ourselves.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #8 by keysmom » July 30th, 2012, 7:58 pm

Wow, I hate to say this, but I hope they just throw my kid in for an extra minor league guy. I would love for him to go to the Padres, and I don't think the Orioles would miss him. Don't want to bash the Orioles, but I just think the Padres have a much better rep for developing pitchers. I will keep my fingers crossed! He's not a big name, but he will be if he gets traded ;-)
keysmom
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

PostPost #9 by legmason » July 30th, 2012, 8:00 pm

Yeah I don't like the idea of giving up Delmonico either. I would really have mixed feelings if the deal goes down that way. Maybe I need to let go a little bit. :)

Can't get something for nothing unless it's the bedard deal.
legmason
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #10 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 30th, 2012, 8:06 pm

keysmom wrote:Wow, I hate to say this, but I hope they just throw my kid in for an extra minor league guy. I would love for him to go to the Padres, and I don't think the Orioles would miss him. Don't want to bash the Orioles, but I just think the Padres have a much better rep for developing pitchers. I will keep my fingers crossed! He's not a big name, but he will be if he gets traded ;-)

You're certainly right. Padres develop pitchers fairly well and the Orioles...well...haven't recently.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #11 by keysmom » July 30th, 2012, 8:15 pm

I saw a rumor they are looking at a high ceiling guy on Delmarva. Maybe Delmonico or Bridwell??? Can't rely on rumors, but I live in SD and I love Headley. Don't want to lose him.
keysmom
DSL Orioles

PostPost #12 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 30th, 2012, 8:18 pm

keysmom wrote:I saw a rumor they are looking at a high ceiling guy on Delmarva. Maybe Delmonico or Bridwell??? Can't rely on rumors, but I live in SD and I love Headley. Don't want to lose him.

I would say one of those two or Rodriguez.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #13 by OriolesRedskins28 » July 30th, 2012, 8:19 pm

ofahn wrote:
Please don't be impatient. At this point I am the most confident that I have ever been that we're going to get him but let's NOT bid against ourselves.

I don't know it sure sounds like they Padres will keep him at least until the winter. You never know with these rumors, Connolly could have been wrong about what the Padres wanted but if what he said is true then I am very disappointed the O's didn't pull the trigger.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #14 by keysmom » July 30th, 2012, 8:34 pm

I hope not. I think Rodriguez has really good stuff, if he were really ... I'll leave it at that. I don't want him on the Padres. I would love Bridwell or Delmonico though, and Arrieta and my son. Let's do it!
keysmom
DSL Orioles

PostPost #15 by ofahn » July 30th, 2012, 8:35 pm

OriolesRedskins28 wrote:
I don't know it sure sounds like they Padres will keep him at least until the winter. You never know with these rumors, Connolly could have been wrong about what the Padres wanted but if what he said is true then I am very disappointed the O's didn't pull the trigger.

I understand your passion. Headley is the ONLY player I thought we had a real chance at that I had any interest in because he was a solution to a present and future need. That being said it doesn't change the fact that, once the As decided they weren't going to give up ML ready SP for him, we became the market for the Padres.

I posted this earlier:

With all of the hysteria around acquiring Headley it 's apparently lost in the hoopla that THE PADRES DON'T REALLY HAVE A MARKET LEFT FOR HIM AND ALMOST HAVE TO TRADE HIM NOW TO EVEN GET HIS REAL VALUE. They can want Machado. They can want Bundy. They can want six weeks in a clothing optional hot tub with Kate Upton but that doesn't mean the market is there for them to get what they want.

The Dodgers were the team that MIGHT have given a top 100 SP (Lee), but they're out of the game now. The Diamondbacks got Johnson from the Astros. The Pirates are finally figuring that they don't have a spot for him and the Indians are now looking at becoming sellers. The two teams left standing are the Orioles and As. The As have a tradition of NOT overpaying for players and are probably thinking (as I hope DD is) that they will be competing with us this Winter for Headley at a much lower price IF the Padres hold on to him because the premium he could generate this season ENDS on July 31st.

The Padres almost HAVE to trade Headley. If not now for a premium, then in the off season so they have a place for Jedd Gyorko. Of course, they could move Headley to the OF but that will greatly diminish his value and they could get a ML ready OF (Hoes) as part of a package for Headley RIGHT NOW.

I would be willing to offer them ONE of Tillman, Matusz, or Arietta AND ONE of Avery/Hoes and a lesser prospect for Headley RIGHT NOW. If the Padres can get a better offer then they should take it. This Winter I would be pulling the OF from the offer.

It's just as accurate now.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Next

Return to Baltimore Orioles