Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

#43 Prospect - Greg Miclat

#43 Prospect - Greg Miclat

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » February 14th, 2011, 2:50 pm

http://orioles-nation.com/?p=7999

Finally showing signs of what made him a fifth round draft pick in 2008, Greg Miclat posted a .354 OBP between Frederick and Bowie. Miclat's .311 batting average and .806 OPS earned him a promotion to Bowie after just 48 games. Though he went on to struggle with the Baysox Miclat's season still included many positives.

Full top 50 list
43. Greg Miclat
44. Jake Cowan
45. Ronnie Welty
46. Kyle Hudson
47. Sebastian Vader
48. Jarret Martin
49. Dudley Leonora
50. Justin Dalles
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: #43 Prospect - Greg Miclat

PostPost #2 by Shorebirdfan » February 14th, 2011, 8:24 pm

Was hoping he would get a little higher on the list, but I do like your assessment of his skills. Could see him as a stop gap in late 2012 early 2013 until either Machado or Hoes are ready to take their places.

Again, like Henry, I'v efound Greg to be one of the most personable athletes I've met. Always willing to take the extra time to say hi to fans. I know to the professional eye, something like that might not be important, but I think there is a lot to be said for how these players interact with fans. I would buy tickets just to go and see his debut.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

Re: #43 Prospect - Greg Miclat

PostPost #3 by Don » February 15th, 2011, 12:10 pm

This was something that every scout said about Greg Miclat. If he had some pop in his bat, he would have easily been a first round draft pick. I feel that his type of player can still be an everyday guy one day, but he will stay as long as his glove and defense remains top shelf. He and Matt Angle are the types that need to do all the little things to be a major league player. He must learn to become a great bunter, adavance runners, play a solid glove, etc...

I will take a guy who can hit singles with a bit of speed and defense to his name. There is always a role for the tough and griddy throwback guys.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Return to Minor Leagues