Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

ORIOLES TOP 10 PROSPECTS FOR 2013

Re: ORIOLES TOP 10 PROSPECTS FOR 2013

PostPost #16 by Tucker Blair » July 29th, 2012, 11:12 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:It's certainly nice living in this area having every team besides Norfolk and GCL within 2 hours driving.

Baltimore= 5 minutes :D
Bowie= 30 min
Frederick= 30 min
Aberdeen= 50 min
Delmarva= 2 hours
Norfolk= 3-3.5 hours i guess

legmason wrote:While we're at it...what's the consensus in where Gausman starts next year? I have to think Frederick. Or do the o's think Delmarva is a better fit at least for a few starts first?

Frederick seems likely.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #17 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 29th, 2012, 11:12 pm

legmason wrote:Pretty good stuff. My only three changes would be to add hoes, Avery and Branden Kline to the top ten somewhere. I like Webb a good bit though and my sleeper is Bridwell for the top ten. In all honesty I'm not really sure he's quite top ten material yet but in my mind he's only a good 4 to 6 starts off. He's got talent but he's very raw. He's put some decent starts together recently so we'll see I guess but his potential puts him up there for me.

Bridwell is frustrating for sure. Talent is there, just needs to trust his stuff a bit more.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #18 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 29th, 2012, 11:14 pm

legmason wrote:While we're at it...what's the consensus in where Gausman starts next year? I have to think Frederick. Or do the o's think Delmarva is a better fit at least for a few starts first?

I'd also say Frederick. They had Ryan Berry start at Delmarva and even he pitched pretty well. I think Gausman's pretty much a lock for Frederick.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #19 by ofahn » July 29th, 2012, 11:16 pm

I think his performance in ST will determine where he starts, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him rocket through the system.

I could see Dylan competing for a spot in the rotation in ST 2014 and I could see Gausman, Wright and Bobby Bundy in the Norfolk 2014 rotation waiting for the call.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #20 by Matt P » July 30th, 2012, 1:14 am

Seeing how weak the top 10 is would it be fair to speculate that next season's draft could potentially have the O's adding 2 more to the top 10 list? They will have a top 20 pick and then their comp pick.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #21 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 30th, 2012, 1:18 am

Matt P wrote:Seeing how weak the top 10 is would it be fair to speculate that next season's draft could potentially have the O's adding 2 more to the top 10 list? They will have a top 20 pick and then their comp pick.

Definitely one in the top 10. Comp pick would almost certainly be in the top 10 or very close.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #22 by Matt P » July 30th, 2012, 1:44 am

Just read Keith Law's 2013 MLB Draft names to know and he doesn't seem thrilled about next years crop of players.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

Previous

Return to Minor Leagues