Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Chris Hoiles son

Chris Hoiles son

PostPost #1 by osforlife » July 28th, 2012, 4:46 pm

My 13u travel team is playing in a baseball tournament up in Georgetown, Delaware at a complex called Sports at the Beach. My team is called the Hughesville Orioles and we were facing a team called the Roughnecks. I learned after the game that their starting pitcher was Chris Hoiles son. My coach gave me that information because he knows I am a Baltimore Orioles fanatic. I thought I over-heard my coaches saying that Chris Hoiles was the Roughnecks assistant coach but I might have been mistaken. He is a tall boy that threw decently hard. My coaches said he had a good arm but not so good mechanics. He didn't get too much help from his defense...as he was taken out in the third inning after we put up 6 runs. He hit me and I singled in the 6 hole. I just thought that was a little neat.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

Re: Chris Hoiles son

PostPost #2 by Shorebirdfan » July 29th, 2012, 9:01 am

That is outstanding. I pass that complex often. Seems like a really nice place for events like that. I believe they host the girls softball LLWS there annually. Hope you have continued success there, and enjoy your time near the beach.

Oh did you win that game?
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #3 by osforlife » July 29th, 2012, 8:16 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:That is outstanding. I pass that complex often. Seems like a really nice place for events like that. I believe they host the girls softball LLWS there annually. Hope you have continued success there, and enjoy your time near the beach.

Oh did you win that game?

Thankyou, and the complex is really nice. We ended up winning the tournament because we were the #1 seed and we were winnning our semi-final game before rain cancelled everything. We beat the Roughnecks 10-0 in 4 innings. Its a run rule. 15 after 3, 10 after 4, and 8 after 5.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #4 by Matt P » July 29th, 2012, 10:48 pm

Nice bro
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #5 by osforlife » July 31st, 2012, 9:34 am

I was also told that Mariano Rivera's son was at the Sports at the Beach complex too playing in a younger division. Nobody knew if Mo showed up at all.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Return to Bleachers