Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

L.J. Hoes Scouting Report

L.J. Hoes Scouting Report

PostPost #1 by Tucker Blair » July 26th, 2012, 3:00 pm

http://orioles-nation.com/2012/07/26/l- ... ng-report/
22 year old L.J. Hoes has been one of the most pleasant surprises for the Orioles in 2012. After starting the year off at AA Bowie, Hoes forced his way to AAA Norfolk. From there, he has caught fire after an initial struggle.

I have had the privilege of watching Hoes over the years, even dating before his days with the Orioles. Therefore, I have built a strong understanding of his game, both with the glove and bat. Below are some observations and analysis on Hoes from this season and on his potential in the future.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Re: L.J. Hoes Scouting Report

PostPost #2 by Ampontan » July 27th, 2012, 2:59 am

Nice report.

I hope Hoes fans forgive me for saying this, but he looks like a good #2 man in a trade.
Ampontan
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

Re: L.J. Hoes Scouting Report

PostPost #3 by Tucker Blair » July 27th, 2012, 11:04 am

Ampontan wrote:Nice report.

I hope Hoes fans forgive me for saying this, but he looks like a good #2 man in a trade.

IMO he is not as valuable in a trade as some seem to think. I probably agree with this.
He's a good piece though for the Orioles.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Return to Minor Leagues