Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Time to move em up?

Re: Time to move em up?

PostPost #16 by Rising O's » July 24th, 2012, 9:53 am

Guys like Mummey and Kelly are 23, 24, and are/were still in A+. Ruettiger was 22, and got promoted twice. These guys are producing and deserved a promotion. Mummey needs to go next, when he's healthy he's showing he's ready. Holding him back for Jai Miller or Antoan Richardson, that's crazy.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #17 by Tucker Blair » July 24th, 2012, 10:36 am

When Mummey proves he can stay healthy and productive at the same time, he will be promoted. That's what they are waiting for. Whether we agree or not is a different story.

He's probably ready, but he did miss a lot of valuable time and growth opportunity shelved on the DL.
I'm going to be an awfully happy fan watching Bowie next season if a few of these guys make the jump up.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #18 by Matt P » July 24th, 2012, 1:52 pm

What about Christain Walker the 1B selected in the 4th round? You guys think he will be moved up to Delmarva soon?
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #19 by Tucker Blair » July 24th, 2012, 6:01 pm

Matt P wrote:What about Christain Walker the 1B selected in the 4th round? You guys think he will be moved up to Delmarva soon?

He is one guy that just needs to be moved up. I understand the "getting feet wet" thing, but he is well above his level of competition there. NYPL is for raw and young talent, and he is neither. I would hope to see him in Frederick or something next season and he could easily be in Delmarva or even Frederick right now.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

PostPost #20 by ofahn » July 24th, 2012, 6:26 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:
He is one guy that just needs to be moved up. I understand the "getting feet wet" thing, but he is well above his level of competition there. NYPL is for raw and young talent, and he is neither. I would hope to see him in Frederick or something next season and he could easily be in Delmarva or even Frederick right now.

With Aaron Baker out for the year at least 1B at Delmarva should be open.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #21 by Shorebirdfan » July 24th, 2012, 10:05 pm

1B for Delmarva has really been an open position the entire season. For the most part you've seen either Delmonico, Sawyer or Narron filling that spot with none of them TRUE 1B.

Based on Nicky playing there exclusively since his return from the DL it seems they are trying to limit his movement somewhat. If he can't play another spot over the last month it might limit them bringing up a 1B.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #22 by ofahn » July 24th, 2012, 10:09 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:1B for Delmarva has really been an open position the entire season. For the most part you've seen either Delmonico, Sawyer or Narron filling that spot with none of them TRUE 1B.

Based on Nicky playing there exclusively since his return from the DL it seems they are trying to limit his movement somewhat. If he can't play another spot over the last month it might limit them bringing up a 1B.

I was taking into consideration some time at DH, too.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #23 by j.q. higgins » July 25th, 2012, 8:48 am

maybe balog should be going to the nypl? he's a bit old for gcl, no?
j.q. higgins
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #24 by Tucker Blair » July 25th, 2012, 10:05 am

j.q. higgins wrote:maybe balog should be going to the nypl? he's a bit old for gcl, no?

He's extremely old and the only guess I have is they consider him filler. Maybe is Christian gets moved up, he will too.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

PostPost #25 by Tucker Blair » July 25th, 2012, 10:08 am

A guy I just really think should be moved up is Brenden Webb. Everything I hear and see about him makes me think he is ready for Frederick. He's never going to be a high average guy, but he makes up for that in plenty of different ways.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

PostPost #26 by j.q. higgins » July 25th, 2012, 10:18 am

i obviously preface this comment w/ the obligatory, "i only know what i read," but seriously, move webb up. please!
j.q. higgins
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

PostPost #27 by ofahn » July 25th, 2012, 10:30 am

TuckerBlair89 wrote:A guy I just really think should be moved up in Brenden Webb. Everything I hear and see about him makes me think he is ready for Frederick. He's never going to be a high average guy, but he makes up for that in plenty of different ways.

I'd love to see a breakdown of his Ks. Are they mostly swinging or looking? If they're swinging, is he trying to pull balls he should be taking the other way?

I love the OBP, but IMO at 22 that talent should be producing better results in A ball. I'd move him to Frederick just to see how (or IF) he can make the adjustments. I would also like to see him get some extra instructional attention to turn those skills into .50 more points of average.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Previous

Return to Minor Leagues